Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBull vs other boards

Hi all -

There's a general tendency of a lot of quality sites to use vBull forums.

I'm currently using a YaBB SE and it does me fine for the moment. But as I grow I'd like to know what functionaility a vBull will offer on top of what YaBB SE can do. By this, I'm asking for any relevant comparison. Both appear to dedicated support and scalability, but the extra bells and whistles I can see on vBulls seem just a little irrelevant.

Also - seen someone at www.forum-forum.com claiming that Ikon Power Boards are much better than vBulls. He is actually IPB staff, so his bias is obvious. As IPB and vBulls are both cost services, I'm curious at how the vBull staff here would compare their own features and service to IPB.

I guess at the end of the day I'm asking you to sell the concept of a vBull with reference to specific issues. You think you can do that?

vBulletin wins it of all other boards out there!!

Comment

I think he want's reasons. As I don't own a liscence yet I can't give any.

Comment

Originally posted by I, Brian
        Hi all -

There's a general tendency of a lot of quality sites to use vBull forums.

I'm currently using a YaBB SE and it does me fine for the moment. But as I grow I'd like to know what functionaility a vBull will offer on top of what YaBB SE can do. By this, I'm asking for any relevant comparison. Both appear to dedicated support and scalability, but the extra bells and whistles I can see on vBulls seem just a little irrelevant.

Also - seen someone at http://www.forum-forum.com claiming that Ikon Power Boards are much better than vBulls. He is actually IPB staff, so his bias is obvious. As IPB and vBulls are both cost services, I'm curious at how the vBull staff here would compare their own features and service to IPB.

I guess at the end of the day I'm asking you to sell the concept of a vBull with reference to specific issues. You think you can do that?
        You actually are partially correct about vBulletin services. The only service sold by vBulletin is installation. Support is offered with every license. Fully owned licenses have lifetime support however there are cases where an outdated vBulletin needs the most recent edition of vBulletin to address the issue.

You should also check out the admindemo and compare vBulletin to Invision Board.

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo
        Click here if the above link is messed up

Support is excellent where you can submit troubleshooting tickets and get issues addressed within minutes. I've done lots of research on forums Brian, and I wanted to get the most bang for my buck....even going to free ones.

I've looked at YaBB, Ikonboard, phpBB, vBulletin, UBB, and iChat Boards. vBulletin was by far the best I found and I haven't made a single regret making the purchase.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Hm...that password do I use to get admin controls? I figure that's the whole point of the demo, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by I, Brian
            Hm...that password do I use to get admin controls? I figure that's the whole point of the demo, yes?
            The username and password are usually listed on the front page (unless someone removes them when testing it out):

un: admin
            pw: admin

I've reset the demo for you.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

One of the things that sold me on this board over another board is the quickness of the responses. I was doing the same as you tossing up which board to get around 11:30PM pacific standard time. I decide to send some questions over to pre-sell. Was edgy I hate waiting for answers. Lo and behold less then 15 minutes later I got a response!!!!!

I was sold on that point on I told the person, I believe CARY, I would buy a license on the spot just because of the quickness, time of day, of his response. Well that turned out to be a lie since it was late and i couldn't find my wallet, I went to bed, I bought vB the first thing the following morning

Comment

Yeah, its pretty amazing the response time here.

Comment

The features that vB has, no other board has even close to that many, and the support here is also great which you couldn't get at any of the other board support forums.

Comment

Also it just looks nice and professional

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Bwoy
                      Also it just looks nice and professional
                      Especially if you get a nice skin! Which I am trying to do right now My site still has the default vB skin.

Comment

If you are prepared to spend some dough then you can get some incredible ones

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Bwoy
                          If you are prepared to spend some dough then you can get some incredible ones
                          I am where at? I know about vbskin(s) anywhere else I can look?

Comment

Have ya been on vbSkinz with a z?
                            They're pretty nice: http://www.vbskinz.com/skins.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X