Korean translation for VBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean translation for VBulletin

What is the easiest way to make a translated hack of the screens and forms most commonly used by forum participants? We want all of the admin screens to remain in English, but we want to accommodate Korean participants by having their interface in Korean.

<b>We need to do this now and cannot wait for 3.0</b>

99% of the text used in vBulletin can be easily translated in the control panel by editing the HTML templates.

If you make it a separate template set then the users will even be able to choose between the standard, English templates and the Korean ones you'd create.

Comment

Korean hack

Marco:

Thanks. I'm concerned about how vBulletin updates will affect my changes to the templates, though. If I xlate lots of templates into Korean, then need to update the software, won't the update overwrite my changes (with English)?

Have you ever localized a vBulletin forum? Can you show a vB forum that has been localized?

Comment

Note that when vB 3.0 is released, it will have the ability to easily create and share Language Packs. All the language is being taken out of the templates and php files and out into a separate Language Pack. With this, all you will need to do is translate the words and phrases to your own language just one time and this will work with all vB 3.0 styles and template sets.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Marco,
          it really depends on version of your current Vb and version of vb you want to upgrade. But most likely you will have a hard time if you upgrade after finishing your transration since VB will replace your .php files. (Yes you need to modify even .php to make good forum in Korean. )
          If you wanna take a look of korean forum then you can go to my forum in Korea.
          http://reefclub.or.kr/forums/

I hope V3.0 contains korean language pack so I don't need to modify templates and .php whenever I upgrade VB in future.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X