How customizeable are certain things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How customizeable are certain things

I have a forum that I would like to open for some customers of mine that would require some extra data in a couple of spots. Is this doable?

1) When a user registers, I want them to be required to enter a customer ID in the profile Info.

2) When a new thread is created in certaing forums, I want a new required field for product ID.

3) When displaying that thread, I want to be able to see info on the poster and info on the product ID at the top and bottom of the thread. This would require building some URL's from the product ID.

I assume this is possible but I wasn't certain where to look. What language would it require to make these changes? PHP? Perl?

Thanks!

Originally posted by AthenaMac
    I have a forum that I would like to open for some customers of mine that would require some extra data in a couple of spots. Is this doable?

1) When a user registers, I want them to be required to enter a customer ID in the profile Info.

2) When a new thread is created in certaing forums, I want a new required field for product ID.

3) When displaying that thread, I want to be able to see info on the poster and info on the product ID at the top and bottom of the thread. This would require building some URL's from the product ID.

I assume this is possible but I wasn't certain where to look. What language would it require to make these changes? PHP? Perl?

Thanks!
    Yes you would be able to hack your files and do that, you would need to know php(maybe some mysql) for the file edits, and html for the templates.

Comment

Originally posted by AthenaMac

You can create custom profile fields in the Admin control panel. When you create the field you can make it required for registration, whether it is editable by the user and so on.

Adding fields to the thread structure requires code hacking at this time. You would do this in PHP and you can get help for this at www.vbulletin.org. The actual work shouldn't be too difficult.

Once the above fields are added, you can add this to the postbit simply by editing the HTML based templates within the system.

All coding is done in PHP or HTML. The database uses MySQL so a knowledge of SQL would help you make changes.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X