Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Boards on same Site

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by squall14716
    $160 is expensive for personal use, I agree, but businesses should have no problem.

    Yes, you can get PSP for free off Kazaa, but I'll laugh if you are caught with it. Hell, the same goes with vB for that matter.

    On top of that, languages can be solved by having different forums/categories and different styles, or with vB3, the language packs are built in.
    ye but being caught with illegal software, never happen man lool

    instead of vbulletin that have a spy in it, so its different, i know you can remove spy, but its boring to get updates, but man i pay vb that not the problem lol (im legal with vb)

    as you say its exepensive for personnal use, sure buisness dont have any problem, but most client are particular, im wrong ??

    and when u buy licence, why cant you do what you want on your server that is register with vb licence ?? that for me the problem, that make vb realy exepensive and in my mind money stealer....

    and you talk of vb 3, man lol vb3 is not out and will not be out soon, so all feaures you say was not in previous version ! so vb suck until it get to vb3 ? lol

    and for language forum, i think 2 forums is better than 1 multilanguage !

    Comment


    • #17
      I am tired of people talking about vB 3 before it comes out, people have been saying "It will be here soon" for over 6 months now

      In december people said public beta would be here by the start of 2003, now they say Q1 2003

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Blink|vB
        I am tired of people talking about vB 3 before it comes out, people have been saying "It will be here soon" for over 6 months now

        In december people said public beta would be here by the start of 2003, now they say Q1 2003
        Putting a set date on when vBulletin 3 will come out sorta gets your hopes up and it rushes the developers. Rather than perfecting the product and waiting, you are willing go have a very buggy app and need to update every other day?

        I would hate to do that with all the codehacks I use on my site.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Steve Machol
          No it wouldn't. I revise my initial answer.


          vB does cost alot, but it is a lot better then free boards!

          I have 15 test boards on my server, and the only ones that compare are wBB 2.0.1 and vB 2.2.9 (both are pay boards, but wBB 2 is only $25) the rest just suck compared to them

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Blink|vB


            vB does cost alot, but it is a lot better then free boards!

            I have 15 test boards on my server, and the only ones that compare are wBB 2.0.1 and vB 2.2.9 (both are pay boards, but wBB 2 is only $25) the rest just suck compared to them
            have you try invision : http://www.invisionboard.com/ ??

            sure its not good as vb, but their is a big difference between, 160 dollars and a free one

            enjoy invision man

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jah
              i say at beginning that rules when u buy a licence are realy **** with a price like 160 dollars, that what i was saying, if you have a site that have 2 language !

              so you make 2 forum 1 french and 1 us ! but with vb **** rules that not possible u see what i mean ?????
              vBulletin supports unlimited languages in a single installation. There is no need to install it again for different languages.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                vBulletin supports unlimited languages in a single installation. There is no need to install it again for different languages.
                ye i know, i only say, if you have a multilanguage site, i prefer to have 1 forum for each language, and this is not possible for a price of 160dollars ...

                that was my point.

                Comment


                • #23
                  What you are asking can be done with a single installation of vB.

                  Start on the home page and create categories for each of the different languages you want to keep separate.
                  Use the urls to these categories as entry points to your different language forums.
                  Create more categories and forums in each of the language categories as you see fit.
                  Setup styles for each of the languages using language specific graphics.
                  Set each forum to override user's style settings and use the correct style for that language.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by jah
                    ye i know, i only say, if you have a multilanguage site, i prefer to have 1 forum for each language, and this is not possible for a price of 160dollars ...

                    that was my point.
                    Out of curiosity, do you complain that you can't just buy one copy of Windows and install it in everyone's computer who lives in the same city as you are?

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X