Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Nope I don't. I'm not much of a hack guy. You need to ask over at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• jahwise2002
    replied
    bidding system

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    That's correct. However there are legal MP3 files. Nonetheless if a vBulletin forum is engaged in copyright violations, then it can have their license revoked without refund.
    Hey Steve,

Is there any VB hack that you know of that will allow a bidding/posting hack like similar to www.elance.com?

thanks,

-taylor

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by tommyng
    I thought there is a terms where by you can't use the board for warez or adult site?
    That's correct. However there are legal MP3 files. Nonetheless if a vBulletin forum is engaged in copyright violations, then it can have their license revoked without refund.

Leave a comment:

• tommyng
    replied
    I thought there is a terms where by you can't use the board for warez or adult site?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Currrently attachments are added to the database. This of course increases the size and complexity of the database.

The 'attachments as files' hack takes all attachments out of the database and places them in a directory on your server. vB3 will allow you to do the same thing without hacking. This means that your database will not be bloated by the attachments and it will be much easier to back it up and then restore it if necessaery.

Leave a comment:

• jahwise2002
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Yes, this could be a problem depending on the server. It would also make it very difficult to backup and restore the database. If you do this, I'd suggest you use the 'attachments as files' hack available at vbulletin.org - or wait for vB 3.0 which will have this function built-in.
    That is what is PARAMOUNT that i figure out before going down this road...I have my own 1U server with excellent bandwidth pricing from www.streamguys.com so that is not an issue

what is involved in backing up and restoring the board?

Please can you help me to figure out which option is better?

to have a web deigner build me a message system like this, or vbullentin?

I need 20 gigs of attachments, and i dont understand about the attahcments as files, can you explain?

thanks,
    -taylor

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by jahwise2002
    I need to have 20 gigs or more of attachments, does anyone forsee this as a possible problem with the functionality of this board?

thanks in advance.
    -taylor
    Yes, this could be a problem depending on the server. It would also make it very difficult to backup and restore the database. If you do this, I'd suggest you use the 'attachments as files' hack available at vbulletin.org - or wait for vB 3.0 which will have this function built-in.

Leave a comment:

• jahwise2002
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectPixel
    I'm not sure, but I think I remember a hack that allowed users to post a custom picture in their profile.

That can be easily modified to be a MP3 instead.

I need to have 20 gigs or more of attachments, does anyone forsee this as a possible problem with the functionality of this board?

thanks in advance.
    -taylor

Leave a comment:

• DirectPixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad.loo
    Check out vBulletin.org for all your vB hacking needs. If nothing exist to do it there is bound to be something that you can modify for the job.
    I'm not sure, but I think I remember a hack that allowed users to post a custom picture in their profile.

That can be easily modified to be a MP3 instead.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    CARY,

YES BUT PLEASE READ THE QUESTION MORE CAREFULLY, I AM AWARE THAT I CAN ATTACH MP3 to the THREADS, THIS MUCH I KNOW, WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF IT IS POSSIBLE FOR USERS TO ATTACH MP3 TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL PROFILES...YOU FOLLOW ME?

THANKS,
    -taylor reaume
    That would require hacking the code. It's not in the standard vB.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am aware of the licensing agreements, i have already got my licenses...that is not a problem.

can you please answer my question now?

thanks so much,

-taylor
    Check out vBulletin.org for all your vB hacking needs. If nothing exist to do it there is bound to be something that you can modify for the job.

Leave a comment:

• jahwise2002
    replied
    Yes but does anyone know if there is a way to setup the vbullentin profile to be able to post mp3's to it?

thanks in advance,

-taylor

I am aware of the licensing agreements, i have already got my licenses...that is not a problem.

can you please answer my question now?

thanks so much,

-taylor

Leave a comment:

• jahwise2002
    replied
    Profiles!!!

Originally posted by Cary
    I believe I answered this question for you on Live Chat yesterday.

Yes it would be possible to upload MP3's to your board.

CARY,

YES BUT PLEASE READ THE QUESTION MORE CAREFULLY, I AM AWARE THAT I CAN ATTACH MP3 to the THREADS, THIS MUCH I KNOW, WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF IT IS POSSIBLE FOR USERS TO ATTACH MP3 TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL PROFILES...YOU FOLLOW ME?

THANKS,
    -taylor reaume

Leave a comment:

• Cary
    replied
    I believe I answered this question for you on Live Chat yesterday.

Yes it would be possible to upload MP3's to your board.

Leave a comment:

• jahwise2002
    replied
    Profile Setup And Hack

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    please do not double post.

Sorry Josh, i wont, but do you know if there is a way to setup the vbullentin profiles to be able to post mp3's to them?

thanks in advance,

-taylor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X