Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Setup Help Needed

Greetings,

Can someone help me figure out a solution to this?

please read below:

Do you know which is better the ubb.x boards from www.infopop.com or this one? What is the main differences? I would like to use http://www.vbulletin.com/ becuase it is cheaper, but i really want to get the profile style of the ubb.x message board system.. I would like their style of the profile page, but also i would need a modification to be able to post MP3's to the profiles...

Do you follow me? If you visit this link: http://www.infopop.com/products/ubbx/screenshots.html

and look at the "my Profile" screenshot. You will see how i want it look. But this ubb.x board does have the ability to post mp3 to the profile...but vbulletin doesnt even have profiles right? is it possible to have someone design both the profile and mp3 posting ability to a vbulletin board?

Do you follow me? I am asking you if you can help me to "hack" the vbulletin to have a profile simimlar top ubb.x and also mp3 posting ability...Can you help me or can you refer me to someone who can?

Thanks in advance,

-taylor reaume

vBulletin already has a system very similar to the profile page on UBB.x. Click on the link for "user cp" at the top of any page on these forums. MP3s can be attached to posts in your forums - I don't really see how what you're talking about is any different.
    MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

Plus UBB.x costs $21 a month and you can't hack the files and download a backup, whereas vBulletin is a product you can install on your own server

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Cow
        vBulletin already has a system very similar to the profile page on UBB.x. Click on the link for "user cp" at the top of any page on these forums. MP3s can be attached to posts in your forums - I don't really see how what you're talking about is any different.
        yes but can i post MP3's to the profile's somehow? can this be designed? i will pay someone...

thanks, also i didnt see any user cp anywhere?

thanks,

-taylor

Comment

Originally posted by jahwise2002
          yes but can i post MP3's to the profile's somehow? can this be designed? i will pay someone...

thanks, also i didnt see any user cp anywhere?

thanks,

-taylor
          at the very top there is a button called User CP.

As for MP3s, I don't know why you want to post them. You might run into legal issues such as the RIAA asking why you are distributing pirated music.

Further more, you jeopardized your vBulletin license and Jelsoft may terminate it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If i where you id go with vB. of course im biased (hey your on a vBulletin site right ). Ive used ubb (ubb.classic as its called now) and dealt with infopop before. trust me when i say this, infopop isent very nice to their customers.

vBulletin will also run on your server, not infopops. So you have full control over every aspect of the software. check out www.vBulletin.org, you will see a database with 1,000's of hacks (add-ons) that you can install on your board. you cant do this with ubb.x because infopop hosts it and wont allow you to edit the source files.

As for the profile page, you can custimize the one that comes stock with vBulletin to look just like ubb.x's via the powerful template system.

Comment

also, you can check out the admin demo to see the admin side of vBulletin.

www.vbulletin.com/admindemo

Comment

heh, anyone notice that shot of the ubb.x profile page says "powered by opentopic" at the bottom?

Comment

Profiles

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                  heh, anyone notice that shot of the ubb.x profile page says "powered by opentopic" at the bottom?

Yes but does anyone know if there is a way to setup the vbullentin profile to be able to post mp3's to it?

thanks in advance,

-taylor

Comment

Profile Setup And Hack

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                    please do not double post.

Sorry Josh, i wont, but do you know if there is a way to setup the vbullentin profiles to be able to post mp3's to them?

thanks in advance,

-taylor

Comment

I believe I answered this question for you on Live Chat yesterday.

Yes it would be possible to upload MP3's to your board.

Comment

Profiles!!!

Originally posted by Cary
                        I believe I answered this question for you on Live Chat yesterday.

Yes it would be possible to upload MP3's to your board.

CARY,

YES BUT PLEASE READ THE QUESTION MORE CAREFULLY, I AM AWARE THAT I CAN ATTACH MP3 to the THREADS, THIS MUCH I KNOW, WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF IT IS POSSIBLE FOR USERS TO ATTACH MP3 TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL PROFILES...YOU FOLLOW ME?

THANKS,
                        -taylor reaume

Comment

Yes but does anyone know if there is a way to setup the vbullentin profile to be able to post mp3's to it?

thanks in advance,

-taylor

I am aware of the licensing agreements, i have already got my licenses...that is not a problem.

can you please answer my question now?

thanks so much,

-taylor

Comment

I am aware of the licensing agreements, i have already got my licenses...that is not a problem.

can you please answer my question now?

thanks so much,

-taylor
                            Check out vBulletin.org for all your vB hacking needs. If nothing exist to do it there is bound to be something that you can modify for the job.

Comment

CARY,

YES BUT PLEASE READ THE QUESTION MORE CAREFULLY, I AM AWARE THAT I CAN ATTACH MP3 to the THREADS, THIS MUCH I KNOW, WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF IT IS POSSIBLE FOR USERS TO ATTACH MP3 TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL PROFILES...YOU FOLLOW ME?

THANKS,
                              -taylor reaume
                              That would require hacking the code. It's not in the standard vB.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X