Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much for vB Copyright (text) removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for vB Copyright (text) removal?

I seem to remember someone mention that under the license agreement you have to mention the name of the software and the Copyright etc.

However someone had mentioned that it can be removed if you pay extra for a “special license”.

Question:
    How much extra is such a licence?

Email [email protected] and they'll provide you with an answer.

Not sure why but they won't answer this question on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco
      Email [email protected] and they'll provide you with an answer.

Not sure why but they won't answer this question on these forums.
      Even if "they" won't answer but "someone" my have already asked and already have received their reply and would know

Comment

Originally posted by greenwood
        Even if "they" won't answer but "someone" my have already asked and already have received their reply and would know
        'I' have already asked and received an answer but 'I' respect the decision taken to only answer this question privately.
        As stated, send an e-mail to [email protected] and they will tell you.

Comment

I can offer a hint: a lot so you should be able to justify why you need it gone.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
            I can offer a hint: a lot so you should be able to justify why you need it gone.
            I get the idea, however I assume that if the vB co. really didn't want to do it, they wouldn't do it at any price.

Actually, I don't think that they really need their name on it that badly because I find that everyone can easily identify whose software it is, just by looking at it and everyone who is shopping for a forum, knows that vB is the best and beets all the others.

All this may change though, very quickly, at any moment, if any of the competitors come out with a good integrated spell checker, I would never even think of using vB, if I can get another product with a supported S.C.

From the overwhelming amount of posts on the Forum, asking for a S.C., I would assume that a very great many others would drop out of vB if they had another choice of a competitive product with an integrated S.C..

I hope the vB competitors are reading this forum It looks like it will take a competitors action to convince vB to integrate a S.C. inside of vB.

BTW
            I did send an Email to the correct address, however it is now 7:00pm, 8 hours after my Email, with no official word yet from the vB sales department.
            Last edited by greenwood; Tue 14 Jan '03, 4:13pm.

Comment

There are no unanswered support tickets and the average turnaround time for a response is 59 minutes. What's the support ticket number and I'll look this up? (You would have received this as an automated response.)
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I get the idea, however I assume that if the vB co. really didn't want to do it, they wouldn't do it at any price.

Actually, I don't think that they really need their name on it that badly because I find that everyone can easily identify whose software it is, just by looking at it and everyone who is shopping for a forum, knows that vB is the best and beets all the others.

All this may change though, very quickly, at any moment, if any of the competitors come out with a good integrated spell checker, I would never even think of using vB, if I can get another product with a supported S.C.

From the overwhelming amount of posts on the Forum, asking for a S.C., I would assume that a very great many others would drop out of vB if they had another choice of a competitive product with an integrated S.C..

I hope the vB competitors are reading this forum It looks like it will take a competitors action to convince vB to integrate a S.C. inside of vB.

BTW
                I did send an Email to the correct address, however it is now 7:00pm, 8 hours after my Email, with no official word yet from the vB sales department.
                Integrated Support Center (that's what I'm assuming S.C. is )? No offense, but having a link to support area from within the admin cp is just SOOO helpfull, you woudln't be able to live without it, right? [/sarcasm]

Oh yeah btw, there is one. You just click the "latest vb version is..." and then click support from there.
                Last edited by okrogius; Tue 14 Jan '03, 8:08pm.

Comment

Spell Checker...
                  Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    There are no unanswered support tickets and the average turnaround time for a response is 59 minutes. What's the support ticket number and I'll look this up? (You would have received this as an automated response.)
                    I didn't get any "support ticket".

I suppose that is because it wasn't a "support question".

It was a "Sales Question", addresses to: [email protected]

(perhaps it should have been addressed to .com? But 2 different posts in this thread, said it was to go to .org)
                    Last edited by greenwood; Tue 14 Jan '03, 5:39pm.

Comment

I didn't get any "support ticket".

I suppose that is because it wasn't a "support question".

It was a "Sales Question", addresses to: [email protected]

(perhaps it should have been addressed to .com? But 2 different posts in this thread, said it was to go to .org)
                      Yes, send it to .com
                      Bike Forums.net

Comment

As Joe said, that's the problem. It needs to go to [email protected]. Once you do that it goes into the support system automatically.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          As Joe said, that's the problem. It needs to go to [email protected]. Once you do that it goes into the support system automatically.
                          Yes,.com worked great!

I got a reply, (almost) in nanoseconds!

Comment

Actually it was 2 minutes but I'm a little off my game today.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just sent off an email for the same info, glad you got a quick reply greenwood.
                              Bike Forums.net

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X