Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PhpBB vs. Vbulletin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PhpBB vs. Vbulletin

    I already like Vbulletin but i'm curious, what kind of advantages does it have over PhpBB besides the fact that a lot of PhpBB hacks are standard on Vbulletin?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Crimson Bandit
    I already like Vbulletin but i'm curious, what kind of advantages does it have over PhpBB besides the fact that a lot of PhpBB hacks are standard on Vbulletin?
    Scalability, support, community behind it and the features. It is more complete, more stable and can handle llaaaarrrggggeee communities. etc etc etc

    It is really hard to compare freeware software against commercial software.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by xiphoid
      Scalability, support, community behind it and the features. It is more complete, more stable and can handle llaaaarrrggggeee communities. etc etc etc

      It is really hard to compare freeware software against commercial software.
      Try out the admindemo

      http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo (full working version)
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        Try out the admindemo

        http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo (full working version)

        WTF?!?!?! FIX THAT ****ING LINK NOW!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? DO YOU REALIZE WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE COULD STUMBLED ONTO THIS SITE.

        sorry for the screaming caps, but THERE IS NASTY PORN COMING FROM THAT LINK!?!?!?


        I think i'll go throw up now, thank you vbulletin.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sru571
          I think i'll go throw up now, thank you vbulletin.
          He's right. Remember the random posts on Slashdot that would take you to goatse.cx? Well, you'll remember really quickly if you go to that link.
          The High Road

          Comment


          • #6
            Guys, when you want to reset the admindemo, just go to http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/reset.php.
            PS: That was a nasty pic indeed. :yuck:
            You're my Prince of Peace
            And I will live my life for You

            Comment


            • #7
              You have to understand that people do that to sabotage Jelsoft.

              That's one of the many consequences for having a live demo, but the benefits outweigh the consequences hence why the live demo.
              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Crimson Bandit
                I already like Vbulletin but i'm curious, what kind of advantages does it have over PhpBB besides the fact that a lot of PhpBB hacks are standard on Vbulletin?
                Well I can tell you the support that comes with Vb is awesome

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X