Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I buy vBulletin.

If I buy the 'Owned License - $160'.
    Do I have the first year acces to the member area? Or isn't that all include? The first year

You are correct. If you buy an owned license you'll get Members Area access for a year to download all software updates for vBulletin you want. If you want to continue to receive updates after that first year is up, updates will cost you $30 per year

Comment

Why is it just for a year and not for ever just like that License?

Comment

Because the owned license means you are allowed to run the software you buy forever on your site.

Additionally to that license, you get one year for free to download updates etc. After this year, it is optional to renew that download access for $30.

If you decide to not do that, you can't download. But you are still allowed to keep vbulletin on your own site as it is.

A lease license means you can do this for one year, but then after a year you are no longer allowed to run it on your site, unless you renew the lease license. A lease license also gets one free year.

Comment

So I could better can go and find an illigal?
          Becaus that don't cost so mutch money.

Comment

Originally posted by DmC
            No, if you don't want to bother paying money for software, use alternatives. Get invasion board or phpBB - it has the look and feel of vbulletin, and is free of charge. If you don't want an alternative, BUY IT - and if you are such a tough guy admitting you want the warez version, give me the url to your web site where you will install it, and I will report it in advance. Just for the heck of it.

If you want to compare commercial deals, you will see that vBulletin is better, bigger and cheaper - with good support and quick updates.

Comment

Ohh, but I did't install that forum, but I search for It and a friend of my has it installed on his site, The illigal version.
              If I say where that forum is, What do you say to him?

Comment

Originally posted by DmC
                Ohh, but I did't install that forum, but I search for It and a friend of my has it installed on his site, The illigal version.
                If I say where that forum is, What do you say to him?
                Nothing, piracy reports are confidential.

Piracy is against the law, and you should try to learn that and decide if you want to be friends with people who think otherwise.

I understand that you didn't install it. You said that you should go and find the illegal version .. (I can read).

If you suspect that a forum is using an illegal copy of vBulletin, please submit the full URL to the forums (not the site's home page) to http://www.vbulletin.com/contact/piracy.php

All sites submitted to this address will be added to our anti-piracy database and will be investigated. The name of the person submitting the report will always remain confidential.

We will be unable to respond with whether this site is properly licensed or not, or our actions, for privacy reasons.

If you find a site distributing pirated copies of vBulletin and making them available for download, please email the full URL to [email protected]

Comment

Oké, I will think about it.
                  The only thing I don't like that is that vBulletin costs so mutch money, But I think it's the best forum typ in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by DmC
                    Oké, I will think about it.
                    The only thing I don't like that is that vBulletin costs so mutch money, But I think it's the best forum typ in the world!
                    .. much ..

Yeah, vBulletin is the best, and you should get it, not warez it. And so should your friend - he should buy a license, it will save his life.

Comment

I know that he won't buy that becaus it costs so mutch...!

Comment

Originally posted by DmC
                        $10,000 in fines and up to five 5 years in prison for using illegal software and copyright violations. However it is your choice. Just be warned we actively pursue pirates.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by DmC
                          I know that he won't buy that becaus it costs so mutch...!
                          I say I don't go using illigal software so... If I wanne have vBulletin I buy it even if it costs realy much money!

Comment

And if I give a site wher is a illigal vBulletin forum, What do I get then?

Comment

Originally posted by DmC
                              And if I give a site wher is a illigal vBulletin forum, What do I get then?
                              Nothing, you just did what you are then supposed to do, you should get a fuzzy feeling though.

last time: .. much .. not .. muTch ..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X