Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR€@M W€@V€R
    yes of course he has...go see !

i would be buying my own license/ board so its irrelevant if irn brus/ majestic (he lost his old user name) expires or not...im taking it down this month...n thanks you josh...thats what i wanted to know originally...

x
    Oh good, I was hoping that was what you needed to know.

No problem
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Engage sarcasm mode.
      Sarcasm mode engaged.

What a charming couple.

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
        Engage sarcasm mode.
        Sarcasm mode engaged.

What a charming couple.
        Burn him at the stake!
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vBR
          Engage sarcasm mode.
          Sarcasm mode engaged.

What a charming couple.
          o yay...another **** stirrer...whats the point in saying that ya muppet !

all i asked originally was if i could still buy 2.2.9 after 3.0 came out as i dont want 3.0 n everyone starts saying ive got n illegal or unlicensed copy etc...your a bunch of old women waiting for someone to get into trouble so you can ***** n whine at them...when if i did have n illegal copy i wouldnt be stupid n post about it would i...most of the replies here are by people who dont actually read what myself n irn bru have said...n the whole point of message boards in general including vbulletin is to READ them...n if you dont even bother doing that...your wasting YOUR money !

Comment

Originally posted by DR€@M W€@V€R
            o yay...another **** stirrer...whats the point in saying that ya muppet !

all i asked originally was if i could still buy 2.2.9 after 3.0 came out as i dont want 3.0 n everyone starts saying ive got n illegal or unlicensed copy etc...your a bunch of old women waiting for someone to get into trouble so you can ***** n whine at them...when if i did have n illegal copy i wouldnt be stupid n post about it would i...most of the replies here are by people who dont actually read what myself n irn bru have said...n the whole point of message boards in general including vbulletin is to READ them...n if you dont even bother doing that...your wasting YOUR money !
            As santa would say: ho ho ho
            No need to get flamey and rantey.

If you know your license is legal, just ignore those who claim otherwise, or assume otherwise. Take their advice and make sure yours is legal. Just in case you maybe didn't understand any license agreement.

Be the bigger man and just ignore them, it is simple.

About the comment that you wouldn't be so stupid to post here if you wouldn't have a legal license. You would be suprised how many users I have reported to Jelsoft who are registered here and posted here for a while and then ask me in an email or private message to help them since they can't download from here, because they don't have a license (and give me their url to their forum too).

But anyway, I hope all your questions are awnsered, and otherwise repost them, so I can take a look at it and try my best to help advice you.

Comment

If your license is leased that you / Dreamweaver will have to take down the board at the expiry of the license.

If you own the license then it will not expire.
              Hey no doubt sherlock of course if I own a full license
              it will not expire. *send in the clowns*

And sure if I dont pay another £30 I dont get to download
              new versions after my year is up thats true.

The only problem I have had with vbullein is if I have payed
              £100+ pounds for a life time license then surely I should have
              access to down load for that life time or at least still have
              access to vbulletin.org.

Anyway dreamy nice thread lol enjoy your new vb if
              you decide to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by irn-bru
                Hey no doubt sherlock of course if I own a full license
                it will not expire. *send in the clowns*

And sure if I dont pay another £30 I dont get to download
                new versions after my year is up thats true.

The only problem I have had with vbullein is if I have payed
                £100+ pounds for a life time license then surely I should have
                access to down load for that life time or at least still have
                access to vbulletin.org.

Anyway dreamy nice thread lol enjoy your new vb if
                you decide to buy it.
                That statement is kind of stupid, since ...

Before you buy, you will see the license agreement, you will also see that you get an owned license, .. let me quote it

Owned License - $160
                An owned license grants you the right to run on one web server and one web site for each license purchased for an unlimited time. Each license may power one instance of vBulletin on one domain. Included in this package is one year's access to the member area, where you can download updated versions of the software. If you require access to the member area after the year has elapsed, you can renew your access for $30 per year.
                For more information about vBulletin licenses, please email [email protected].
                By purchasing this software, you agree to adhere to the license agreement.

If you diagree with that statement, then don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                  That statement is kind of stupid, since ...

Before you buy, you will see the license agreement, you will also see that you get an owned license, .. let me quote it

[/size][/font]

If you diagree with that statement, then don't buy it.
                  Yeah Sure I know the agreement.

As I posted the only problem I see is this "renew your
                  access for $30 per year" after you have payed your
                  hard worked for cash for vb.

But I suppose its up to jelsoft to get us to pay that if
                  vbulletin gets better and better with each new version.

Comment

Not very many commercial software programs provide a lifetime of free upgrades along with the initial purchase. Jelsoft is no different in this regard.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah Sure I know the agreement.

But I suppose its up to jelsoft to get us to pay that if
                      vbulletin gets better and better with each new version.
                      You don't have to update any version, it is always adviced. Some security patches are released on the support forums for immediate fixing.

You could decide to wait a few years and then renew the license.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X