Buying Vb ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Vb ???

i using my b/fs right now which is 2.2.9 but i want to buy my own soon n i dont want version 3.0...i want 2.2.9...is this possible to still buy this version please...

x

Originally posted by DR€@M W€@V€R
    i using my b/fs right now which is 2.2.9 but i want to buy my own soon n i dont want version 3.0...i want 2.2.9...is this possible to still buy this version please...

x
    You are using your b/fs?
    Do you mean you copied his zip?
    Is he still running his board?
    You could get into trouble for this so why are you openly posting it here?

*Edit*
    v3 is not yet released to the public.
    v2.2.9 is the current release.

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
      You are using your b/fs?
      I think what was meant to be said was that she was posting at her b/f's board?(Check the 'WWW' button, the URL name...)

Yes, vB 2.2.9 is still for sale, but probably not for much longer.
      Last edited by Static-xbox; Wed 1 Jan '03, 5:08pm. Reason: just fixing my post

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
        You are using your b/fs?

*Edit*
        v3 is not yet released to the public.
        v2.2.9 is the current release.
        what i mean is...its his license...hes not using it right now so im using it on my site...but i want to get my own license n board soon so hell be getting it back...dont worry...ive had this out with one of the mods here before n everything was ok...

x

Comment

Originally posted by Static-xbox

Yes, vB 2.2.9 is still for sale, but only for a couple more weeks at best.
          o bugger...better get me arse in gear then hadnt i...lol...

x

Comment

Originally posted by Static-xbox
            Yes, vB 2.2.9 is still for sale, but only for a couple more weeks at best.

Couple of weeks?
            There will not be a stable version 3 available in such a short time, so i think vB2 final version will be available for download for a couple of months, to say the least.
            You're my Prince of Peace
            And I will live my life for You

Comment

Originally posted by nuno

Couple of weeks?
              There will not be a stable version 3 available in such a short time, so i think vB2 final version will be available for download for a couple of months, to say the least.
              Heh, shows how far ahead I'm thinking.(wishful thinking, wasn't it?[Or perhaps I was just daydreaming about Beta Testing vB3? again wishful thinking])
              Last edited by Static-xbox; Wed 1 Jan '03, 5:37pm.

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect the lady is trying to do this:

Buy vBulletin license (maybe when version 3 is released)

but use the setup package vbulletin229.zip from her boyfriend..

I think it would be illegal and may put both your license and your boyfriend's license in jeopardy.

What's so bad about vBulletin 3 though?
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                  correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect the lady is trying to do this:

Buy vBulletin license (maybe when version 3 is released)

but use the setup package vbulletin229.zip from her boyfriend..

I think it would be illegal and may put both your license and your boyfriend's license in jeopardy.

What's so bad about vBulletin 3 though?

no...i want to buy...totally legally n licensed a copy of vb 2.2.9...n totally seperate from b/fs copy...stop **** stirring !

Comment

Originally posted by DR€@M W€@V€R
                    no...i want to buy...totally legally n licensed a copy of vb 2.2.9...n totally seperate from b/fs copy...stop **** stirring !
                    whoa there, ease up lassie

we're just confused by the way to types your first message.

to buy 2.2.9, just purchase/lease a vB license- 2.2.9 is the latest release, so you will be able to have it. 3.0 is still in private beta, so for the meantime it will not be available.

Comment

Originally posted by heretic
                      whoa there, ease up lassie

we're just confused by the way to types your first message.

to buy 2.2.9, just purchase/lease a vB license- 2.2.9 is the latest release, so you will be able to have it. 3.0 is still in private beta, so for the meantime it will not be available.
                      What was meant by the post is this..

Dreamweaver is using my licence at her url. I myself am not
                      useing vbulletin cause you can only use one licence per url.

As for the 2.2.9 I would say she can use it even if its old
                      as you can still get a copy.

Hope you can now makes sense of it now???

Besides I dont rate vbulletin to be any better than a
                      free board like invision, and recomend she dont throw
                      away her money.

I myself am a full licence member and will not be renewing
                      my year I would rather spent £30 quid down the pub..

Comment

Originally posted by irn-bru
                        Dreamweaver is using my licence at her url. I myself am not
                        useing vbulletin cause you can only use one licence per url.
                        That is no problem. But should that not be one URL per license?
                        Have you updated the registered info in the member's ares to reflect the new URL?
                        As for the 2.2.9 I would say she can use it even if its old
                        as you can still get a copy.
                        2.2.9 in not out of date. It is the current latest release.
                        V3 is not yet out of private beta.
                        Only the current version supported and is available to download from the member's area as each release either adds new features or provides fixes to security issues in previous versions.
                        Hope you can now makes sense of it now???
                        Not much
                        away her money.
                        That's a matter or opinion
                        I myself am a full licence member and will not be renewing
                        my year I would rather spent £30 quid down the pub..
                        That's entirely your choice but you will forfeit the ability to upgrade to future versions and to receive priority support in these forums. Not that I think you will miss that too much.
                        If your license is leased that you / Dreamweaver will have to take down the board at the expiry of the license.
                        If you own the license then it will not expire.
                        Last edited by vBR; Fri 3 Jan '03, 5:02pm.

Comment

away her money.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...?postid=331353

still want to compare it to a free board?

Comment

I'm lost on what you are trying to accomplish -_-'

But yes you can use vBulletin 2.2.9 long after vBulletin 3 is released though support may be limited because Jelsoft will be promoting vBulletin 3 over vBulletin 2.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by <v>
                              That is no problem. But should that not be one URL per license?
                              Have you updated the registered info in the member's ares to reflect the new URL?

yes of course he has...go see !

i would be buying my own license/ board so its irrelevant if irn brus/ majestic (he lost his old user name) expires or not...im taking it down this month...n thanks you josh...thats what i wanted to know originally...

x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X