Just a simple question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a simple question...

Is it possible to literaly upgrade PhpBB to Vbulletin as well as changing servers and domain names at the same?

Run the convertor then change hosts, or the other way round. If you convert first it means that you dont have to delete phpbb off your new host, but either way it should be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BesigedB
      Run the convertor then change hosts, or the other way round. If you convert first it means that you dont have to delete phpbb off your new host, but either way it should be possible.
      Converter? Never heard of that. Is there a description of it somewhere around here?

Comment

It is basically an importer. It is just a script that u run and it changes all the data in the phpBB MySQL database into vBulletin MySQL information
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          It is basically an importer. It is just a script that u run and it changes all the data in the phpBB MySQL database into vBulletin MySQL information
          Ahh, so where can i find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Bandit
            Ahh, so where can i find it?
            The import scripts are available to license holders in the Members Area.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              The import scripts are available to license holders in the Members Area.
              Oh okay, cool. Makes it easier since i don't want to make everyone on my board start over.

Comment

Oh, another question. I haven't made any changes to the base code but i have installed hacks. Would the converter work with the hacks or would i have to delete them first?

Comment

The import scripts are designed to work with the unaltered data. It would be best to uninstall any hacks prior to running the importer.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X