Licensing again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing again

I'm the owner of a license for VB and i installed it more than 1 year ago.
    I also installed a 2nd VB on the same server for testing and hacking. But the 2nd VB is total empty. Only some test Threads from me.

A couple of minutes ago i got an email from a guy who found the 2nd installation on my server.

He wrote that i will get into deep deep trouble if i don't buy a 2nd license through http://vbulletin.de (I am from Germany).

I think Jelsoft always allowed a 2nd installation of VB for testing.
    Is this still the fact or do i have to remove that VB?

Thanks!

I wll wait for an answer from the VB Team to print it out.

Originally posted by Bally
    I also installed a 2nd VB on the same server for testing and hacking. But the 2nd VB is total empty. Only some test Threads from me.

A couple of minutes ago i got an email from a guy who found the 2nd installation on my server.

He wrote that i will get into deep deep trouble if i don't buy a 2nd license through http://vbulletin.de (I am from Germany).

Thanks!

There are instructions on what is ok as a test server.
    It has to be in a certain directory,
    it has to be invisible to the public (private & passwd protected)
    and temporary.

Comment

Do you know that the german distributor of UBB gehts money (because of the affiliate program Jelsoft runs) when you buy licenses after visiting vbulletin.de? So buy your licenses via vbulletin.com directly.

You are allowed to run a 2nd board. As stated in the license agreement you should place it in a directory called testvb. You should then protect it with htaccess.

Then you won't get into any trouble.
      this is my sig

Comment

Originally posted by Bally

Thanks!

2nd install for testing is okay as long as it ain't publicly accesible... so if someone can find the test install, then it ain't private and can be viewed as a 2nd install by visitors...
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Isn't that misleading for a competitor to own vbulletin.de and get commisions for it?
          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X