Okay, I will be getting vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I will be getting vBulletin

I am going to buy a vBulletin owned licence, but first I must know, I need to know if it's possible to get it on CD, my father won't let me get it otherwise. I just need to know if it's possible, I am willing to pay more, but it has to come on CD

On CD? Hmm, I don't think vB does that, but nothing's stopping you from downloading it and burning it onto a CD. Just show your father the receipt/invoice you get if he wants a proof of purchase or something like that.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Originally posted by mjames
      On CD? Hmm, I don't think vB does that, but nothing's stopping you from downloading it and burning it onto a CD. Just show your father the receipt/invoice you get if he wants a proof of purchase or something like that.
      No, that's not the problem, the problem is he doesn't think when we send a check that we'll get the product *odd fellow isn't he?*

Comment

Originally posted by Shift
        No, that's not the problem, the problem is he doesn't think when we send a check that we'll get the product *odd fellow isn't he?*
        Just explain to him that when you purchase it, you get an e-mail with your license details and then you will be able to login to the Members Area and download vB. Of course, there will be a delay since you are not paying by credit card.
        Marc James
        Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
        Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Originally posted by mjames
          Just explain to him that when you purchase it, you get an e-mail with your license details and then you will be able to login to the Members Area and download vB. Of course, there will be a delay since you are not paying by credit card.
          I would be paying by CC, but he won't put his credit card on the internet. And I know that they do that, but he says, what's stopping them from cashing the check, then not sending the email?

Comment

I would be paying by CC, but he won't put his credit card on the internet. And I know that they do that, but he says, what's stopping them from cashing the check, then not sending the email?
            How does it coming on CD guarantee that a company will not just 'take the money and run'? You could always try CC by phone or fax, or a wire transfer.

Would your dad be willing to call in or fax his credit card info? Would he trust it to be safe then? Also, you can do a chargeback, if a company doesn't deliver the 'goods'.
            - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z
              How does it coming on CD guarantee that a company will not just 'take the money and run'? You could always try CC by phone or fax, or a wire transfer.

Would your dad be willing to call in or fax his credit card info? Would he trust it to be safe then? Also, you can do a chargeback, if a company doesn't deliver the 'goods'.
              That is true, I think I'll try to get him to use the credit card. Thanks all!

Comment

That is true, I think I'll try to get him to use the credit card. Thanks all!
                NP. Hope you're soon on your way to getting vB!
                - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

NP. Hope you're soon on your way to getting vB!
                  Don't worry, my father has agreed to buy it, since he called vBulletin!

Comment

Don't worry, my father has agreed to buy it, since he called vBulletin!
                    Great to hear that Shift! When you get your license, don't forget to enter your email address you use here on this page so you show up as licensed to the vBulletin team. Plus it unlocks a lot of stuff not available to non-vb owners.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                      Great to hear that Shift! When you get your license, don't forget to enter your email address you use here on this page so you show up as licensed to the vBulletin team. Plus it unlocks a lot of stuff not available to non-vb owners.
                      Coming up with your own standard message there?
                      - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Coming up with your own standard message there?
                        Not really....
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          Not really....
                          I'll be getting it before Christmas and installing it a couple days later whenever I purchase the domain name.

Comment

I'll be getting it before Christmas and installing it a couple days later whenever I purchase the domain name.
                            Be sure to get a server with support for PHP and MySQL

Comment

vBulletin will be your best Christmas present ever.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X