Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

Ok I am curious. I have looked over your bulletin board and it seems really cool. I have also seen what appears to be full websites built out of your bulletin board, am I mistaken in seeing that?

Basically can you use vBulletin to build an entire php type website?

Sorry if I am such a newbie at this.

Nyarl

vBulletin is a forum application built on PHP and MySQL.

Some people center their entire sites around forums while others center it around content and use forums as a discussion area for content on their site.

vBulletin is strictly for forums and you can't use it to build an entire PHP website.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
      vBulletin is a forum application built on PHP and MySQL.

Some people center their entire sites around forums while others center it around content and use forums as a discussion area for content on their site.

vBulletin is strictly for forums and you can't use it to build an entire PHP website.
      With heavy modification, you can. I used it as a complete company intranet. We used all of the features and did a little bit of code hacking, but it is now a huge intranet for a major UK company. The intranet centres around content posted by 'editors' in special forums. There is a discussion area and phone book, also built around vB.

It's certainly possible with and some time and effort.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X