MySQL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL?

At what version point did vbulletin begin using MySQL as the back end database?
    Thank you,
    Jim

Originally posted by CapNjacK
    At what version point did vbulletin begin using MySQL as the back end database?
    Thank you,
    Jim
    Since its inception.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks

Ok thank you. I visit a forum that runs your software version 2.2.6. It is extremely slow while the main frontpage of the site is very quick to load. I contributed it to the forum program itself. Personally I use a different forum software and once it made the switch to MySQL as a back end it improved performance tenfold. I was trying to find out if possibly the version they were running was pre-MySQL. It's not really my problem but are there other common causes for such slowness I'd say they only have less than 2k posts on the board new and old total. We have over 6k posts new and old on ours and the speed is still far better than this other forum. I'm not trying to say anything bad about your software could they possibly not be doing some sort of regular maintenance that would cause such slowness? Or perhaps an issue in 2.2.6?
      Thanks for your response.
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CapNjacK
        Ok thank you. I visit a forum that runs your software version 2.2.6. It is extremely slow while the main frontpage of the site is very quick to load. I contributed it to the forum program itself. Personally I use a different forum software and once it made the switch to MySQL as a back end it improved performance tenfold. I was trying to find out if possibly the version they were running was pre-MySQL. It's not really my problem but are there other common causes for such slowness I'd say they only have less than 2k posts on the board new and old total. We have over 6k posts new and old on ours and the speed is still far better than this other forum. I'm not trying to say anything bad about your software could they possibly not be doing some sort of regular maintenance that would cause such slowness? Or perhaps an issue in 2.2.6?
        Thanks for your response.
        Jim
        from my experience working with vB clients and their servers

90% of the time slowness with their forums is due to inadequate optimisation of apache, php and mysql configuration settings (including placing a forum on a shared virtual host's server which is overcrowded)

5% of the time it's due to the forum being run on under powered server hardware which needs upgrading

5% of the time it's due to other scripts or apps running on the same server as the forum and/or unoptimised hacks added to the forum script which cause slow downs

note 2.2.6 is an out dated version, they should upgrade to latest 2.2.9
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Or in my experience, a bandwidth bottleneck.

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the responses I'll talk to them and from there it's up to them.
            Jim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X