One Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Quick question

I have just became partners at at site running vBulletin, the person who had the site has a link put in between the main news area and the forum area. Where is the information that I can edit the link or delete it.

I have looked and looked done searches here but no luck!

Thank you!

I'm not quite sure what you mean. What's the URL to your forums where this is happening?

Also to get vb support on these forums you first need to to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please have the licensed owner click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. Thanks.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok email is entered,
      Here is the url
      http://www.hu-support.com/forum/

I just took over the forum there and need to make some changes...
      I just have to make it thru this major learning curve to get full use out of vBilletin.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks! However I'm still not sure what you mean and you do not allow guests to view your forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Thanks! However I'm still not sure what you mean and you do not allow guests to view your forums.
          @ Steve,
          It sounds like they have some sort of news hack installed. Not sure, don't want to register.
          - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Quest4DSS, do you mean the link that reads "Hu-Support Private Members Area Pre-Donation Questions"? If that's what you mean, that's a forum within your board. It can be deleted through the forums options on the adminCP. Other than that, I don't see what link you could mean between the news section and the rest of the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by MacKenzie
              Quest4DSS, do you mean the link that reads "Hu-Support Private Members Area Pre-Donation Questions"? If that's what you mean, that's a forum within your board. It can be deleted through the forums options on the adminCP. Other than that, I don't see what link you could mean between the news section and the rest of the forums.
              Yes it is the Premiere Members Login Here.

I sent info user name and Password in a reply to steves email to me, Someone logged in under the name looked around and then sent me an email...

The respone was:

Perhaps you put it in your index.php file. That's my guess but I really have no way of knowing.

All the best,
              Steve Machol
              Support Team, vBulletin

I thank you Steve for the help!
              Please note: I did not add this link to the forum, I just took over as a partner. The person who added it is no longer at the site. I looked at in the index.php and it is not in there. Steve, I know you are busy but, any additional help would be appreicated.

Thanks

Comment

Update your ticket with the login info to your Admin CP and telnet or SSH.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Update your ticket with the login info to your Admin CP and telnet or SSH.
                  Now I am feeling stupid! lol
                  Where is the ticket to update.
                  If you will accept an email I will give you full access to the site.

Thanks

Comment

The URL to your ticket will be at the bottom of the last email response you received.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The URL to your ticket will be at the bottom of the last email response you received.
                      I see nothing at the bottom!
                      Looks like it would be more fun visting the dentist then trying to figure out vBulletin

Comment

What email address and/or name was used when you sent the support email?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What email address and/or name was used when you sent the support email?
                          Hi Steve,
                          I have two email adderess I use.
                          [email protected]
                          [email protected]

The Hotmail is the main one that I have used here.
                          Thanks

Comment

It was the Hotmail address. I sent a response to your ticket and you should receive an email shortly. Look at the bottom of that email for the link where you can post your response.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X