Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

In the 'Purchase' page of the site, in the 'First Time' description (for installation) it says, "If you are unfamiliar with PHP/MySQL or server configuration, you may choose to pay for professional installation." What exactly do you need to do that requires you to know PHP/MySQL? Thanks in advance.

Really, nothing.

It's simple - any idiot can do it.

You just load the page and keep hitting "next" and your done.

All you need to know is your database name, username and password. Even if you did go for a pro install, you would have to find this info out and give it to them.

Comment

Okay, thanks. I plan on getting vB, but I didn't want to blow the cash I don't have on an install that I could do.

Comment

Remeber, you can always buy an install latter if for some reason you can't do it yourself

Comment

Be sure to make sure your server (which you plan to install vBulletin) has PHP and MySQL installed on your server.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

ManagerJosh: Since the host is really only being used for my forum, of course I made sure it had everything I needed.

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanPsych0
              ManagerJosh: Since the host is really only being used for my forum, of course I made sure it had everything I needed.
              Well he was just checking, as some don't do this as they are completely clueless about hosting and its related areas (PHP, MySQL, etc.).
              - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X