Deleted threads/posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted threads/posts

Is it possible for Admin to retrieve deleted threads or posts and if so, how? Can they then be re-posted to the board?

Thanks.

Kingsley

Originally posted by Kingsley
    Is it possible for Admin to retrieve deleted threads or posts and if so, how? Can they then be re-posted to the board?

Thanks.

Kingsley
    Simple: no.
    Deleted is deleted, removed from the database (version 2)
    Can be, I think that version 3 has undelete option (version 3)

Not so simple: maaaaaaaaaybe
    You could get them from an old backup, filter out the inserts from the backup and run them as a mysql query and hope they work (make sure auto increament is set properly in the query)

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsley

Thanks.

Kingsley
      I had a similar issue recently on my forum... a new member was trying to defraud people, and I posted some details I'd dug up that proved it... he deleted the thread and along with it all my research.

Here's what I did that "miiiight" work for you IF you've recently viewed the thread. Go into your browser's cache (maybe only works with IE) and get to the folders like this: Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\05AJSHF. Then browse through allll of it to find instances of "showthread" (as a precaution at this point I first disconnected from the net in case it decided to overwrite whatever I found).... if you're lucky you might find the whole thread in there. I did. You probably can't restore it to an "active" state from that, but at least you would have all the text of it.

Hope this helps
      -- David
      + TutorialForums.com
      + Photoshop-Tips.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X