Transition from phpBB2 to vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition from phpBB2 to vBulletin

I'm currently running phpBB 2.0.3 and Photopost. I would like to migrate to vBulletin and Photopost.

Is it possible to install vBulletin while phpBB2 is running, then configure vBulletin and then remove phBB when I'm ready to switch?

Thanks for your input,
    Andrew

Yes, that's possible

Comment

Thank you,

Is it any safer by using a second mysql database for vBulletin?

Comment

Are you using a table prefix with phpBB? If so, it wouldn't matter. If not, I would suggest you create a new database for vBulletin.

Comment

Floor,

I'm trying to do the same thing, but have my phpBB in a separate database than PhotoPost. Have you switched over? Anybody know how to do this?
          MODern ENGINEuity
          Modular Powered Community

Automotive Books, Movies, Games and More!

Comment

Switch from phpBB to vBulletin?

You download vBulletin after purchase and install it using a clean database.

Download the import modules from our server and copy them over.

Go into your admin control panel and click Import.

Select PHPBB in the resulting list of available importers.

Fill in the form and click submit.

Let it run.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Actually, the switch from phpBB2 to vBulletin went great. I'm having trouble finding out how to get PhotoPost to use the vBulletin user database now that I have switched.
              MODern ENGINEuity

Comment

Originally posted by SVTBlackLight01
                Actually, the switch from phpBB2 to vBulletin went great. I'm having trouble finding out how to get PhotoPost to use the vBulletin user database now that I have switched.
                this would probably require codehacking. Try the vBulletin.org codehacking forum

http://www.vbulletin.org
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Well, a hack would make it a lot easier. Since you choose which forum to use when you install PhotoPost and not able to change it later, I ended up backing up my PhotoPost database, reinstalling the program, and then reinstalling the database minus the table for the users. Then I had to go in the PhotoPost database and change the usergroup permissions to match the ones used by vBulletin so I could log in with admin privledges. Not an easy task for someone who didn't know what http meant six month ago. Oh well, I'm learning. Thanks.
                  Last edited by SVTBlackLight01; Sun 5 Jan '03, 9:30pm.
                  MODern ENGINEuity

Comment

Well, a hack would make it a lot easier. Since you choose which forum to use when you install PhotoPost and not able to change it later, I ended up backing up my PhotoPost database, reinstalling the program, and then reinstalling the database minus the table for the users. Then I had to go in the PhotoPost database and change the usergroup permissions to match the ones used by vBulletin so I could log in with admin privledges. Not an easy task for someone who didn't know what http meant six month ago. Oh well, I'm learning. Thanks.
                    sounds like you got it working.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Did you check at the photopost site? They are supposed to have a vBulletin integrated version.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X