Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, Invision --> VB Question

Hello, this will be a little confusing so pls bare with me

My name is Scott Carley and I own a Modification for UT2 called Primal Discord . On that site I am using Phpbb, but we are now moving to another server at http://www.primaldiscord.net and I will be installing invision boards. After 2 months, when we get our first alpha out and get more people coming to our community I would like to buy VB boards because I am a member of Somethingleet and absolutly love it, it's easy to use, user-friendly and more professional. Now for the question, if I wanted to transfer all members (not posts) would I be able to do that. So no one has to re-register?

Invision Members --> VB Forums

Sorry if you don't understand this, I havnt sleep in a few days much due to switching servers and all, trying to get everything back up, so I am a little bit in a daze

Hope someone can anwser this for me, thanks.

Currently we don't offer an Invision Board --> vBulletin Conveter. However, to my understanding, in is in progress for vBulletin 3

Comment

I hope so then
      I will stay with invision then until it comes out, then I hope I will be able to upgrade to vbulletin, if not, i guess a lot of people will have to re-register

Comment

I'd recommend going for vBulletin straight off because it saves you the hassle down the road from importing all the settings and everything. But that's my opinion.

There is a method that you can import your Invision Board into vBulletin.

Invision Board > phpBB2 > vBulletin

That's the order you need to get your stuff imported. JamesUS said there will be an Invision Board Importer around the release of vB3 so mainly it is your choice whether to go direct to vBulletin or make a pit stop at Invision Board.

ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

There is likely to be one around the same time (or shortly after) the release of vBulletin 3 final version (ie non beta).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X