about the licensing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the licensing....

i was told,(which may not be true) thats why im here,lol,that you can open your vbulletin forum as long as you have a license bought in 14 days after u open it.But the question i have is how can u buy a license for a forum that u have that vb didnt give you,ya follow me???To make a long story short i know someone who has a VB and he said yeah you can set it up and let it be used as long as within 14 days you pickup a license for it,now this cant be true am i correct???

Re: about the licensing....

Originally posted by †W‡çkŒD†<ETH>ƒX†
    i was told,(which may not be true) thats why im here,lol,that you can open your vbulletin forum as long as you have a license bought in 14 days after u open it.But the question i have is how can u buy a license for a forum that u have that vb didnt give you,ya follow me???To make a long story short i know someone who has a VB and he said yeah you can set it up and let it be used as long as within 14 days you pickup a license for it,now this cant be true am i correct???

I'm not sure where you got this information from, but a license means you can legally run vBulletin.

Immediately after purchasing your license, you can legally run vBulletin until your license expires (unless you bought the owned license which you can run your forum indefinitely)

I will assume your question is: "Can I run a vBulletin Board and purchase my license within the next 14 days?"

The answer is no since if that happened, then everyone would do that and there would be no way to track down who paided for their license and who didn't...hence lots of illegal vBulletin boards would be up and operational and it would be difficult to locate them all.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

ok cool,cuz i wanted to know b4 this individual got me into trouble with yall,cuz he was seconds from putting it on my site as HE is the programmer not me,so i have someone else do my site work....but thank you for your time and i will make sure this doesnt happen.oh and how much is a indefinate license btw?

Comment

Owned License - $160 (indefinate)

If you get this you can run your vBulletin however long you want to and get updates for one year. after one year you may run vbulletin but will not have acess to updates, you can renew you right to get updates by paying $30 per year

from the order page:
        An owned license grants you the right to run on one web server and one web site for each license purchased for an unlimited time. Each license may power one instance of vBulletin on one domain. Included in this package is one year's access to the member area, where you can download updated versions of the software. If you require access to the member area after the year has elapsed, you can renew your access for $30 per year.

more info: http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

Comment

And just in case you need this 'officially' - no, you are not allowed to run a vBulletin forum unless you have purchased a license. 'Intent to purchase' isn't good enough.

Also †W‡çkŒD†ÐƒX†, pease view the vBulletin Forum Rules about signatures and modify yours so it follows the posted rules:

Signature Limits

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images
          • For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed.
          • For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X