Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features

I am thinking of getting vB to use on my website, there are now over 1000 members and 10,000 posts!

How can I convert from IBF?

What is one feature vB has that IBF doesnt have? I dont care a thing about support, I can find an answer for myself or ask a friend if somthing doesnt work!

What is 1 feature I could find in vB that IBF 1.1 Beta 2 doesnt have?

I know that the admin cp in vB is harder to use then IBF, and takes longer to do things because (For Example) You can only add 1 user as a moderator to 1 forum at a time, in IBF, you can add 1 user to all your forums, or just a few at a time!

But I think that the users would have a better experiance, and take advantage of more mods then they do with IBF

For somthing with such good 'support' it sure takes you a long time to reply

Comment

Re: Features

Originally posted by sailgreg
      I am thinking of getting vB to use on my website, there are now over 1000 members and 10,000 posts!

How can I convert from IBF?

What is one feature vB has that IBF doesnt have? I dont care a thing about support, I can find an answer for myself or ask a friend if somthing doesnt work!

What is 1 feature I could find in vB that IBF 1.1 Beta 2 doesnt have?

I know that the admin cp in vB is harder to use then IBF, and takes longer to do things because (For Example) You can only add 1 user as a moderator to 1 forum at a time, in IBF, you can add 1 user to all your forums, or just a few at a time!

But I think that the users would have a better experiance, and take advantage of more mods then they do with IBF
      is IBF Invision Board or Ikonboard? It gets confusing.

If it is Ikonboard, there are importers available in the members area.

If it is Invision Board, no importers are currently available however you can import information in this procedure.

Invision Board > PHPBB2 > vBulletin

As for features, vBulletin 2 series is coming to an end making way for vBulletin 3. Have a look at version 3

http://beta.vbulletin.com/vb3

Features currently different in vb2 to Invision Board is much more user friendly system to your users and a much more friendly administration with moderator control panel (seperate area)

From what I gather, the template system in vBulletin is so much simpler to use, but twice as powerful

Check out a full working vBulletin (it is to help people test drive the system )

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

IBF = Invision Board

I agree, the vB template system is a lot simpler and better then the IBF one, I just found it better when I tried the admin demo

IBF also has a seperate Mod CP, and it works quite will. I think that I like the IBF Admin System better (Except the themes) but I like vB from a user point of view more, and users are who will be using the site

Once there is a Invision Board 1.1 -> vB 2.2.8 (Or 3 if it takes that long) Converter, I will buy a licence :P

Comment

vBulletin has a Moderator control panel as well. However we don't have a demo of it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            vBulletin has a Moderator control panel as well. However we don't have a demo of it.
            ... http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/mod/ ? Just use admin/admin.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

As ManagerJosh said, why not import your Invision Board to phpBB 2, and then onto vBulletin? vBulletin is well worth it, and you'll be able to see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                ... http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/mod/ ? Just use admin/admin.
                I should have said publicly linked. Not sure how much that demo would o anyway. However, I will remember to be much more clear in my wording so it doesn't confuse you.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X