Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Problem(won't accept USD?):

Hello:
    I am having a problem with ordering vbulletin. The first time i tried ordering, it wouldnt accept american express amex card. Cool, thats fine with me.
    So I tried my visa card. This time it said i cannot order vb because I am being charged US Dollar. What am i suppose to do? Charge Euro dollar?
    if so, how much will i be charged US dollar(the US dollar vs Euro dollar is different). I live in the US by the way....
    Sigh, these difficulties are frustrating me

Thanks for letting us know; we're currently trialing a new order system and are working out the last few glitches. I'll report this to John immediately and it should be rectified soon.

Comment

Darn
      I was really hoping on getting this ordered today and working on it this weekend. My girlfriend is away for the holiday weekend, and well, i really dont have much free time. I
      So basically, I am up the creek without a paddle huh? Thanks for the quick reply regardless. (I would call, but that phone number looks like it would cost a bundle...)

Comment

Hi there, I don't quite understand your problem. I've just taken a look at the worldpay system and USD prices seem to be showing up just fine. Or is that not what the problem was?
        John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

The price is showing up fine in the pull-down box. When i submit my order, it says(in red) at the top: Sorry, order could not be processed because the order is in USD and you are using a VISA(something to this effect..not exact).
          *crying*

Comment

Here is error(tried using mastercard instead of visa):
            Your card purchase was declined for the following reason: Sorry: you cannot pay in USD using a Mastercard card

ps: i sure hope these orders are not going through.....or i am going to be one upset camper! hehe I really dont think i need 5 licenses...

Comment

I'm getting the exact same problem:

Your card purchase was declined for the following reason: Sorry: you cannot pay in USD using a Mastercard card

Any quick solutions? I too was hoping to get this taken care of today. I'd rather not use paypal for the sole purpose that if I use my credit card, I get cash back for each purchase.

This seems to be a recent problem? Has anyone been able to place an order today?

Comment

*shrugs*
                I suppose you could call....but I really dont wanna do that. My phones are tapped me thinks!! jk. I think I am just going to postpone this project until a future available weekend. Will v3 be out by thanksgiving?

I was contimplating whether to do this anyhow. It seems difficult and i really 2nd guessing myself about the whole thing. Maybe I should take this as a sign from God or something......he is known to send strange messages...

edit: nm. Read that it wont be out until atleast a 'few months'.
                Last edited by baptizer; Fri 30th Aug '02, 12:31pm.

Comment

I went ahead and paid through paypal anyway...

Anyone know how long it takes to receive information regarding downloading? Again, I'd like to get this taken care of tonight.

Comment

Congrats.......
                    I dont have a paypal account, and well, going through all the inconviences to get a paypal account just so i can purchase a license seems a bit obsurd to me(either that, or i am extremely lazy.....nah!).

Also lynn, I read in a few posts that you should receive a reply within an hour. I read a few 'horror' stories about people having to wait 24-72 hours though....eeek! Hopefully you get yours soon!
                    Last edited by baptizer; Fri 30th Aug '02, 12:52pm.

Comment

Originally posted by lyn
                      I went ahead and paid through paypal anyway...

Anyone know how long it takes to receive information regarding downloading? Again, I'd like to get this taken care of tonight.
                      PayPal orders take up to a week, when I ordered my second license (via PayPal), I had it in less than 12 hours, although the time it takes to get it will differ depending on when the order is submitted.

- SaintDog

Comment

All Paypal orders from today have been processed and the customers notified already. Considering this is the first day with the new ordering system, there were quite a few orders via paypal.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by wluke
                          All Paypal orders from today have been processed and the customers notified already. Considering this is the first day with the new ordering system, there were quite a few orders via paypal.
                          Well that sucks i ordered mine on Tuesday and still nothing.. James posted about the new paypal thing in "chit chat" and dang i should have mine by now..

I was hoping to do mine this weekend too...
                          Last edited by xShanex; Sat 31st Aug '02, 7:53pm.

Comment

I wonder if i could get a refund for my last order and just re-order so i can actually have my license today? Does the vb staff work on weekends?

Comment

I work 7 days a week, but only one or two people can handle a request like this, and I ain't one of them. The only thing I can suggest is to send this request to [email protected].
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                              X