vBulletin vs phpBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin vs phpBB

Can anyone give a brief overview as to why vBulletin is better than phpBB? I really don't mind paying for vBulletin but I'd like to know I'm atleast getting some advantages for my money.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

vB: More features, guaranteed support, won't vanish like some "companies" on the Internet because Jelsoft is an actual business
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Hi ThomasC22,

vBulletin is good And if you are thinking about $85 you can make that up within few days if you have got good traffic, using donation systems or professional advertising solutions like http://www.iloveadvertising.com

Comment

Hi ThomasC22

I've investigated forums for quite sometime and I can personally assure you that your investment into vBulletin is NOT A WASTE.

Not only is vBulletin user friendly to your viewers, the administration is super user friendly.

I can rant about all the features in vBulletin, but in short let me put it this way.

Whatever phpBB can do, vBulletin can do it and even better!
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

hello everybody - just joined the board today and this is my first post

As a user, I love phpBB even more than vB... and that is MY personal opinion (and b4 anyone gets upset and all, I have registered at many more vB boards than phpBB ones).

As an admin, I wouldn't know... but I am going to find that out soon
          J de Silva
          GIDForums™ | GIDSearch™ | GIDNetwork™

Comment

Originally posted by JdS
            hello everybody - just joined the board today and this is my first post

As a user, I love phpBB even more than vB... and that is MY personal opinion (and b4 anyone gets upset and all, I have registered at many more vB boards than phpBB ones).

As an admin, I wouldn't know... but I am going to find that out soon

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
              vB: won't vanish like some "companies" on the Internet because Jelsoft is an actual business
              Sorry man, but I cannot disagree with you more.

phpBB, Snitz Forums 2000 and the other open source community forums are the ones liest likely to dissapear.

Why?

If Jelsoft dies. vBulletin dies. Even if there is still demand for the product.

If the development/support staff leaves phpbb, or snitz then other members of the community will step up to bat. You can't kill GPL software as long as their is a demand for it.

Comment

vBulletin is gaining more and more visitors each day. I find it hard to believe people would actually stop wanting the product. If people didn't want it, the vBulletin forum software would have ended after version 1.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Codename49
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo/
                  How the hell do you get that to work? I'm going to buy it soon, but can't seem to get the admin demo to work

Comment

That's because someone was playing with it and shut the forums off. I've reset the demo for you.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's nothing smachol. Someone once put I hate vB in the title when I was looking around for forums

But then again, if people have to sabotage the demo, vBulletin must be very good forum application to cause jealously in the first place

Comment

Had a look round the demo, excellent.

I shall be buying in the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                          Had a look round the demo, excellent.

I shall be buying in the next month or so.
                          Glad to hear that poolking. Rest assured, you made an excellent decision

Comment

I wasn't a customer before untill I really try out myself on my friend board.

It really cool and much more user friendly that phpBB. Certainly as well as much more features.

I just brought mine license not long ago and for the time being I am pretty happy about the service and product.

You should buy and try out too. You have my assurance you are going to like it!

Regards,
                            Darkwolf

Comment

Not to be a bug about it or anything, but no one has really answered my original question

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X