Licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing

Hi there, I have a couple of questions before taking the plunge...

If you get a yearly license, can you get v3 when it comes out - at no extra cost? When the license runs out, is there a cheaper renewal fee? If so, how much?

With attachments, it is possible to add multiple attachments to a single post - like the attachment mod in phpBB2.

Are there any portals that integrate vBulletin very closely?

Thanks for any help

Oh, 1 more question... why does your software have to be so damn good? I am trying to get along with phpBB2 and it just isn't what I want . Being an Underboss at OcUK prolly has a lot to do with it...

Sorry 1 last question, vBulletin is British isn't it? Lead developer is in Oxford Uni?
    Last edited by Boogle; Sun 11 Aug '02, 6:42pm.

Re: Licensing

Originally posted by Boogle

If you get a yearly license, can you get v3 when it comes out - at no extra cost?
    Yes, assuming that it comes out within the year that you're licensed.

When the license runs out, is there a cheaper renewal fee? If so, how much?
    It's thirty bucks per year to renew.

With attachments, it is possible to add multiple attachments to a single post - like the attachment mod in phpBB2.
    Nope, but there may be a hack for this at vBulletin.org.

Yep, there's one at PHPPortals.com.

Thanks for any help
    No problem.

Oh, 1 more question... why does your software have to be so damn good? I am trying to get along with phpBB2 and it just isn't what I want . Being an Underboss at OcUK prolly has a lot to do with it...
    I'll leave the developers to answer that one.

Sorry 1 last question, vBulletin is British isn't it? Lead developer is in Oxford Uni?
    It depends on what you mean by "vBulletin," I suppose. But if you were to buy a license, you'd be buying it from within the United States.
    http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

Re: Licensing

Originally posted by Boogle

If you get a yearly license, can you get v3 when it comes out - at no extra cost? When the license runs out, is there a cheaper renewal fee? If so, how much?

Thanks for any help

A couple of clarifications on BillaBong's post:

The renewal fee is only $30 per year if you have an owned license. If you have a leased license then you need to repurchase the license at full price at the end of the year.

vBulletin is based in Ascot, England but transactions are handled in US $. vBulletin Developers and Staff are based all around the world.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X