Bugs in DCForum import.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs in DCForum import.

I manage the largest DCForum installation (that I know of). I also manage a site that uses VBulletin.

Well, before buying a second license to VB and replacing DCForum with VBulletin, I wanted to give the DCForum import a try using the other site.

Well, the import works, sort of... but it has bugs:

1. doesn't import all threads
    2. forum sections not imported correctly
    3. Many user profile fields not imported correctly

Can I provide the VBulletin team with my files so the issues can be resolved? What are your privacy policies concerning the data in those files?

The DCForum developer is making rapid progress on a beta PHP version of their boards, but its not as feature rich as VB 2.x and nowhere near as feature rich as VB 3.x pre-beta. I'd like to use VB but if the import isn't better I'll have to stick with the upcoming version of DCF+.

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Could you let me know when the import script is working, im looking to upgrade from dcforum but dont want to atempt it until its working right.

thanks
      [email protected]

Comment

A question you didn't answer

Before I give any access to my server I need the following answered:

What are your privacy policies concerning the data in those files?

Comment

Any data that you share with us is done so in complete confidence and will not be shared outside of the vBulletin Team. Your data will only be used for the purpose intended with your full permission and will not be used for any other purpose. It will never be accessed without your full permission after we have finished working with it.

Comment

If you can provide me with your version of DCForum and a tar ball of your data directories then I will have a look at it on my local testing box, it proves alot easier to do it locally as I can install as many copies of vBulletin as I need.

Each member of the vB Team signs a NDA, which basically protects you.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I have DCForum as well and would like to know when this is working.

Thanks
              James

Comment

If you could contact me on ICQ It would be appreciated

Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

**bump**

I have not heard a reply from any the users mentioned, feel free to drop an email to [email protected] with subject Attn: PPN and mention a way to contact you, email, icq, aim, msn etc so I can get a copy of your DCForum data to see if I can find any of the bugs.
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X