Licensing and vBulletin 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing and vBulletin 3

I have a question on how the licensing system deals with the upcoming release of vBulletin 3. So if I own a license to vBulletin 2.2.6 (or later depending on 2.x.x releases) and vBulletin 3 is released during my 1 year access to members area, would I be able to use my current vBulletin license with the new software, much like if vB3 was just a point release upgrade?

Thanks!

vBulletin 3 will be a free upgrade to all customers with valid licences.

Comment

Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
        vBulletin 3 will be a free upgrade to all customers with valid licences, because we'll be opening up beta.jelsoft.com today and releasing a public beta tomorrow.
        Yay!
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Comment

LOL!

So uhhmmm... what time?

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1

quote:
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              vBulletin 3 will be a free upgrade to all customers with valid licences, because we'll be opening up beta.jelsoft.com today and releasing a public beta tomorrow.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Yay!
              Now that was pretty stupid.

I hope you're not thinking of putting that in your sig with an email link to Kier...

Comment

and does that mean another installation fee???

Comment

Originally posted by glo
                  and does that mean another installation fee???
                  If you want one of the support team to perform the upgrade for you, yes.

Comment

If you want one of the support team to perform the upgrade for you, yes.
                    Is performaing an upgrade easier require less knowledge than an intial install???

Ie. if i have it installed for me, can i simply run the upgrade myself? Or is the process as long as the initial install!

Comment

Originally posted by glo

Is performaing an upgrade easier require less knowledge than an intial install???

Ie. if i have it installed for me, can i simply run the upgrade myself? Or is the process as long as the initial install!
                      Iinitial proccess takes less then a minute not counting uploading files. Same for the upgrade.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X