Product Interest...license question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Interest...license question

OK I'm back with a question on how vBulletin interoperates with my server. I see no mention anywhere of connecting to any vB servers to install the product and want to know if the license just expires on its own or do you guys block something on my server to keep me from using vB should I forget to renew my license?
    I ask because I'm hosting my own server and this is very very important.

newbie...

It doesn't kill itself, it assumes that you'll be honest and delete vB when the license expires.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

The owned license doesn't expire and you can run the forums forwever. The leased license expires after one year and you need to either purchase a new license or delete all vB software and cease operating your forums.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The software won't delete or "deactivate" itself somehow when you license expires. But since vb has a call home feature built in you can expect to hear from jelsoft legal consultants if you keep on running your software when your leased license expires.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X