password only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• password only

Hello everyone. I am within a week of purchasing vB. I wondered if y'all can help.

My members will be very sensitive to information that leaks. I wanted to segment the members to their own constituency so I wanted to see if there was any level of password protection other than me allowing/disallowing the member to view or log into the certain forum.

Does this make sense? I want to provide the ultimate way to have a member feel safe with posting something and other members of the overall forum site, not being able to get into his particular discussion area.

I would provide more detail on what I am doing, but it is confidential at this point. Until I launch!

And many thanks to Steve Machol for helping me over the course of the last many months!

Passwords are MD5'ed, which are basically uncrackable, meaning their passwords are safe and sound (admins and mods can not even view the passwords).

- SaintDog

Comment

Thank you. I meant actually, is there anyway to protect the forum area for these particular members itself? Or would I have to be completing this under the admin for each member until vB3?

J

Comment

vBulletin does not have password protected forums by default, although I do believe there is a hack over at vBulletin.org that will do just that (although, if you can wait, I believe vB3 will have PP Forums ).

- SaintDog

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

No problem .

- SaintDog

Comment

can you point me at the hack that enables a vbulletin forum to be protected with a single password? I really want to add this to our boards (discuss.snapstream.com)....

Thanks,
              Rakesh

Comment

You need to ask at vbulletin.org. By the way, this feature will be included with vB3.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

when is vbulletin3 due to be released?

Comment

There is no esitmated release date yet.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X