Where should VBulletin files be uploaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should VBulletin files be uploaded

The instructions simply say to upload the files. Can they be in any location? I mean some programs require the files to be in a cgi-bin folder.

Should these be inside the cgi-bin or can/should they be somewhere else?

Re: Where should VBulletin files be uploaded

Originally posted by ipscone
    The instructions simply say to upload the files. Can they be in any location? I mean some programs require the files to be in a cgi-bin folder.

Should these be inside the cgi-bin or can/should they be somewhere else?
    You can upload them in any public viewable directory that you want on your web server.

Most users upload the upload/ directory to the their forum/ directory, so the URL to their forum is http://www.somesite.com/forum/ But if you want it to be monkeybone, that is fine too.

They are .php files, so no need to put them in the cgi-bin/ directory.

By the way, this is the pre-sales forum, maybe it is handy now that you "possibly" purchased it, to ask this in the appropiate support forum. If you can not post there, then please enter your nick in the members area where it says "to get premium support,..".

Comment

No, I have not purchased it yet. I'm still trying to decide if I wish to do so. I'm currently using another licensed product from a competitor. I'm thinking about switching.

Comment

Originally posted by ipscone
        No, I have not purchased it yet. I'm still trying to decide if I wish to do so. I'm currently using another licensed product from a competitor. I'm thinking about switching.
        Well, I do hope you purchase it, because for me, I think it is the best choice in software I have ever made.

By the way, you are making me doubt that you are not running a warez version, Since in your first post you state 'in the instructions it says ..' and then you say you do not yet purchased it yet Oh well, hope you purchase it, and if you don't mind, feel free to use my affiliate link!

Comment

The installation instructions are available online:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/install.html
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
            The installation instructions are available online:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/install.html
            Uhm, then I apologize for my stupid assumption. (Doesn't take away that I was right about vB being the product of everybody's choice.)

Comment

Why are you so paranoid? I downloaded the manual from your web site.

I also downloaded the Lite version from your web site.

It may not take away from it being a better product but it does make me wonder about support.

I asked a question and someone indicated I might be on the wrong site.

Then I'm questioned about having a "warez" copy.

If it is a better product, I will buy it. But I have other licensed software already and will only license another one, if I can get answers to my questions about it's performance comparred to other software.

That's why I was testing the Lite version. I have no interest in a lite version. I want a full version that has full support.
              Last edited by ipscone; Sun 14 Jul '02, 1:40pm.

Comment

xiphoid is not part of the vBulletin Team. He's a customer. Besides he's already apologized for jumping to conclusions.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                  xiphoid is not part of the vBulletin Team. He's a customer. Besides he's already apologized for jumping to conclusions.
                  Just helping out with awnsering a question with some advice, yes I was wrong. No,.,. I am not a part of the vB team. I do not understand why people get that impression! And my user title doesn't say vB team either. Maybe it is the avatar? Or just because I am that damn good looking

Comment

Working...
                  X