replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    the US$30/yr fee is per license
    I see...

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by linesiders
    And the 30/yr covers major release updates as well? Like from 2.2x to 3.x?
    Yup, thankfully, although there's no guarantee that they won't change pricing eventualy.

Leave a comment:

• linesiders
    replied
    And the 30/yr covers major release updates as well? Like from 2.2x to 3.x?

Thanks,

John

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by freehtml
    Let said I had 2 copy of owned license, can I just paid for the yearly members fees (USD$30) for only one of the license? Since I can download from that and installed for both license?
    the US$30/yr fee is per license

Leave a comment:

• SaintDog
    replied
    No, you will have to pay to update both licenses, totalling $60.

- SaintDog

Leave a comment:

• freehtml
    replied
    Let said I had 2 copy of owned license, can I just paid for the yearly members fees (USD$30) for only one of the license? Since I can download from that and installed for both license?

Leave a comment:

• SaintDog
    replied
    Glad to be of some help - Good luck with your decision.

- SaintDog

Leave a comment:

• Kiraly
    replied
    thx all!

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    Originally posted by filburt1
    To clarify: after one year with a leased license, you have to remove vBulletin from your site or pay the $85 again. With an owned, you can run it as long as you want, but to download newer versions, you have to pay $30/year.

Edit: Just fixing a rather important detail -JamesUS.
    What was the change?

Leave a comment:

• SaintDog
    replied
    In the long run, if you plan on running your community for a while, I would suggest going with the owened license, it will pay off much faster.

An owned license costs $160, this includes 1 year of access to the members area where you will be able to download the latest vBulletin version, graphics dev. packs, as well as porting scripts (they will help you if you are converting from another board to vBulletin). After your 1 year is up, you will still be able to run vBulletin, although you will not be able to download updates until you purchase an extension (of 1 year) for $30/year.

You will not have to pay the $160 again unless you are wanting to run a second instance of vBulletin.

Hope this clears things up .

Regards,

- SaintDog

Leave a comment:

• Kiraly
    replied
    but whit my own version 4 the first i have to buy upgrade ?

sorry 4 my bad english!

Leave a comment:

• filburt1
    replied
    To clarify: after one year with a leased license, you have to remove vBulletin from your site or pay the $85 again. With an owned, you can run it as long as you want, but to download newer versions, you have to pay $30/year.

Edit: Just fixing a rather important detail -JamesUS.
    Last edited by JamesUS; Wed 10 Jul '02, 12:14pm.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    leased - you are basically renting the vB license on a yearly basis - so earch year you have to pay US$85/yr to be able to use the vB leased license

owned - you are buying the actual license for US$160 and only need to pay US$30/yr after the 1st year for Member's Area access to download updates/fixes and upgrades

Leave a comment:

• Kiraly
    started a topic Lease and Own License

Lease and Own License

Lease and Own License
    what is the differences?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X