X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lease and Own License

Lease and Own License
    what is the differences?

leased - you are basically renting the vB license on a yearly basis - so earch year you have to pay US$85/yr to be able to use the vB leased license

owned - you are buying the actual license for US$160 and only need to pay US$30/yr after the 1st year for Member's Area access to download updates/fixes and upgrades
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

To clarify: after one year with a leased license, you have to remove vBulletin from your site or pay the $85 again. With an owned, you can run it as long as you want, but to download newer versions, you have to pay $30/year.

Edit: Just fixing a rather important detail -JamesUS.
      Last edited by JamesUS; Wed 10 Jul '02, 11:14am.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

but whit my own version 4 the first i have to buy upgrade ?

sorry 4 my bad english!

Comment

In the long run, if you plan on running your community for a while, I would suggest going with the owened license, it will pay off much faster.

An owned license costs $160, this includes 1 year of access to the members area where you will be able to download the latest vBulletin version, graphics dev. packs, as well as porting scripts (they will help you if you are converting from another board to vBulletin). After your 1 year is up, you will still be able to run vBulletin, although you will not be able to download updates until you purchase an extension (of 1 year) for $30/year.

You will not have to pay the $160 again unless you are wanting to run a second instance of vBulletin.

Hope this clears things up .

Regards,

- SaintDog

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
            To clarify: after one year with a leased license, you have to remove vBulletin from your site or pay the $85 again. With an owned, you can run it as long as you want, but to download newer versions, you have to pay $30/year.

Edit: Just fixing a rather important detail -JamesUS.
            What was the change?

Comment

thx all!

Comment

Glad to be of some help - Good luck with your decision.

- SaintDog

Comment

Let said I had 2 copy of owned license, can I just paid for the yearly members fees (USD$30) for only one of the license? Since I can download from that and installed for both license?
                  iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

No, you will have to pay to update both licenses, totalling $60.

- SaintDog

Comment

Originally posted by freehtml
                      Let said I had 2 copy of owned license, can I just paid for the yearly members fees (USD$30) for only one of the license? Since I can download from that and installed for both license?
                      the US$30/yr fee is per license
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

And the 30/yr covers major release updates as well? Like from 2.2x to 3.x?

Thanks,

John
                        Surfcaster, trapped in a boater's body...

Fish Hard - Live Long

Comment

Originally posted by linesiders
                          And the 30/yr covers major release updates as well? Like from 2.2x to 3.x?
                          Yup, thankfully, although there's no guarantee that they won't change pricing eventualy.

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                            the US$30/yr fee is per license
                            I see...
                            iHu6.com (BETA) - www.ihu6.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X