Want to add fields to threads/posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to add fields to threads/posts

I am looking for a system to help our local mountain bike community - discuss trails, bikes, clubs etc. vbulletin looks (so far) like it will be perfect!

However, one of the things I want to feature is trail conditions. In order to do this, I'd like to have some other fields added to posts in these areas. What I'd love to do is have the post show up as usual, but also feature information such as:

Last Date/Time Ridden:
    Rain in last 24 hours?:

And maybe a drop-down box with condition ratings such as "too wet, dry, perfect, moderate, etc."

I've been looking around seeing that there is the possibility to set up templates. Is this a way to accomplish this? I see you can edit/add users profile fields... so this would kind of be a way to add fields for threads.

Obviously this is a newby question.. but I'd love more info if you have it? Perhaps point me to a previous post, or some examples etc.

Thanks!
    www.morcmtb.org

If you know how to program this, the functionality is definitely there. You might want to check vBulletin's official hacking community, vBulletin.org, which would help you with this.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X