Programming help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming help needed

I would like to set up a system whereby I can have site users become entitled to enter a member's only area which will entitle them to several benefits including access to a BB. Can you provide this for me, it shouldn't be complicated, I just can't do it . . . and what would you charge me for this?

Better yet, do you know a decent programmer who's services are not too costly (or who's a student) that can work with me on this and other programming issues? I provide some web-based services for clients and will probably need other programming help from an individual skilled in php

What is it that makes your BB fast? Is it a programming or a server issue?

How does your product compare with phpBB? Any articles, user testimonials, (private opinions) . . . ?

Thanks . . . . Kim

For programming help you can look at vBulletin.org.

Our system is fast because of a combination of programming but a properly configured server will help you a lot.

AS far as comparing systems, you should look at Webmaster Resource related sites for an unbiased opinion.

<< just fixing the url --kevin >>
    Last edited by tubedogg; Mon 8 Jul '02, 10:30am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Properly config'd server &amp; Webmaster resource sites

Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. A properly configured server, is this something that I'm going to glad that my hosting service provides and if they don't, am going to need to switch hosts to get or are there tweaks that can be done when installing your app?

Regarding Webmaster resource sites, I'm on a couple of discussion lists but BBs are not an item that comes up on them regularly. If it isn't asking to much of you, please recommend a couple of forums or discussion groups for me, I will be so grateful.

Kim

Comment

Some of the larger communities include:

www.webmaster-forums.net
        www.gethighforums.com
        www.htmlforums.com
        www.sitepointforums.com

Just do a search on any of them before. If you do a search on gethighforums.com do it before your break and it should be done when you come back.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Cookies not set?

Wayne,

I just saw your reply. Somehow I didn't get (or missed) the notification of your later post. Thank you . . .

Are cookies not set when I log-in? I logged in after viewing this page where you answer my questions and when I "back-pedalled" I wasn't able to post a reply . . and still wasn't able to post it after I refreshed the page. The cookie should have recognized that I had logged in, no?

kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X