X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Assia
    Wow! Thank you very much for your help.. it does help alot. I was worried if I didn't pay for the installation upfront I might royally screw something up. Now if this host turns out to be REALLY bad.. since it is for the same domain I wouldn't have to pay another 100+ to buy another right? I am jussssssss making sure because I've been screwed with fineprint too often.. (Not by you guys tho!! Don't take it as such please!)

Thanks again for your time!!
    No matter which vBulletin license you have. You are allowed to use that license for one web site, for one instance. So if you already have a license. But just moving to a different server, url or country It doesn't matter. You can login to the members area and change the new location of where the vBulletin forum will run from in the future. Just as long as the old one disappears from earth. Otherwise you have two instances running. And that requires another license. Fineprints are not cool, indeed. So no harm in asking

Leave a comment:

• jeff_zjf81
    replied
    that's a good deal~

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    for owned license you only pay US$160 once for each license

for leased license you only pay US$85/yr

you can move them to a new host and if you install yourself you won't need to pay anymore

the installation charge is a once off fee per install if you need a vB staff member (identified by the vB Team title under their usernames on this forum) to do an install you will have to pay the US$135 install/upgrade fee

also check out our hosting options forum for feedback and comments from other vB owners who have posted their experiences with their hosts

Leave a comment:

• Assia
    replied
    Wow! Thank you very much for your help.. it does help alot. I was worried if I didn't pay for the installation upfront I might royally screw something up. Now if this host turns out to be REALLY bad.. since it is for the same domain I wouldn't have to pay another 100+ to buy another right? I am jussssssss making sure because I've been screwed with fineprint too often.. (Not by you guys tho!! Don't take it as such please!)

Thanks again for your time!!

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    If you do not yet have a vBulletin license, you need one if you want to download the vbulletin.zip file to install the forum on your web server.

The type (leased or owned) license is up to you.
    This gives you the forum, no installation. Paying for installation is optional and not required. Installing vBulletin is quite easy. When you get the license, you get access to the members area, here you download the latest version of vbulletin and you unpack it and upload it to your web server. You set the mysql database details in the config.php file and start install.php. Done! And if this fails, you can let someone else do it for you (but that will cost money). It won't hurt you trying

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Assia
    started a topic Quick question!

Quick question!

Our last host was a friend who's server recently went to the computer graveyard in the sky. *pouts* I am currently getting my domain set up to be hosted by a public host but I am computer inept. what is it I need to purchase and when you say installation does this mean you can install on this host I'll be paying for?

If so what information do I need to get you?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X