X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Floris

• Floris
    replied
    Once you have a license, you can enter the members area, in here you can point where your vBulletin instance is installed and running from. Once that changes, you can come back to the members are and reflect the changes. (Everytime it happens). Very handy.

Leave a comment:

replied
    O.K. I think I got it, but this will not really be a test site, it will be the main site as soon as its setup right. Then I will point the apache server through the virtural hosts to the directory and it will become the main site...

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg

• tubedogg
    replied
    Yes you can set up a test site in addition to your main board, but it can not be available to the public - it must be private.

Leave a comment:

replied
    BillaBongUSA

Thank you for the info, but I still need to know if I can set it up first in my domain using a CNAME (Alias) like test.mydomain.com even though I reged it to www.mydomain.com?

I have a working site that I do not want to take down, I want to be able just to point to the new directory in the httpd.conf file when I'm done setting it up.

Thankx

Leave a comment:

• BillaBongUSA

• BillaBongUSA
    replied
    Install vBulletin Lite. If that works, vBulletin will work.

Oh, and your money cannot be refunded.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Installing and testing before use

Installing and testing before use

If I bought the latest vbulletin would I be able to test it first in my domain using a CNAME (Alias) like test.mydomain.com even though I reged it to www.mydomain.com?

I have a working site that I do not want to take down, I want to be able just to point to the new directory in the httpd.conf file when I'm done setting it up.

Also I could not find any info on returns, what if it does not work for me?
    Do I own a piece of software that I can't use?

Thank you..