Wow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow

Let me tell you my little story, a few days ago a fairly-well known friend sent me a new board for my site, vBulletin. At that time I had no idea it costed cash . Heh, today I actually decided to visit the site and saw that it did cost money. Holy **** I said! I'm pirating ! Back to Mr. FTP, delete , down to mySQL, drop databases. Phew! I also wrote my friend back and told him he was pirtating he said he got it from anycracks.com (it's down now) but said he'd delete all of his copies. Know that I know vB is a costing product, I'm saving up to buy the $160 dollars license and am currently using XMB instead (for the time being).

I'm looking forward to seeing the day when I have the cash to purchase a real license, in the meantime, XMB is fine...

Although, I'm curious, is there any way to earn a vB or get a discount, a $160 is a bit steep ...

You could go with the vBulletin Lite, which is free, or a lease ($85/yearly) and join the affiliate-program. As an affiliate, you'd get paid for every new purchase your site brings in. That's a fairly easy way to cover the cost of your own license.

At any rate, welcome.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

I am pretty sure there isn't a way to earn a vB license

Very nice of you to say you had a copy running, and that you removed it as soon as you noticed that it was pirated. Honestly lasts longest.

Comment

Do you have to own a vB license to be an affiliate? If not, any links for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kirk
          Do you have to own a vB license to be an affiliate? If not, any links for it?
          You can sign up with Commission Junction first,
          join the Jelsoft /vb program,
          and then purchase vB through your own affiliate link.

Comment

Where is Commission Junction BTW, I can't seem to find it ? This will be a great way for me to finance my vB. Normally I'd use cash out of my own pocket, but it's a small board and XMB is fine for now ...

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Kirk
              Where is Commission Junction BTW, I can't seem to find it ? This will be a great way for me to finance my vB. Normally I'd use cash out of my own pocket, but it's a small board and XMB is fine for now ...
              http://www.vbulletin.com/affiliate.html

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X