Pre-Sales Big Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Sales Big Decision

I have tried all the free boards and don't like them, so I'm down to 2 options: VB and UBB. Could anyone give an unbiased pros and cons of each?
    Last edited by Jeromey; Thu 5 Sep '02, 12:23pm.

Honestly, you aren't really going to get an unbiased opinion about this on the vB forums - or the Infopop ones for that matter. The question you might want to ask is, how many here have switched from UBB to vB and why? Then ask the same question at the UBB forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

heh, and Jelsoft is about to release vB3, no such thing there at IP, they already start to calling it CLASSIC = oldie and out of date
      You're my Prince of Peace
      And I will live my life for You

Comment

thats a good question.
        do we know how many people have transferred from infopop to vbull?
        (i'm gonna be one of them shortly!)

Comment

when and how much will vb3 be . .??

Comment

The 'when' is not known at this time. My guess is that we'll see a beta released before the end of summer providing there are know unforeseen obstacles.

The 'how much' is that if you own a license now, there will be no extra charge to upgrade to vB3 when it's released. All licenses include the right to download upgrades for a period of one year.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I used to use UBB, that was before they took my account down without even emailing me to ask if I had a license. When I found out about vB, it was an easy choice. The support here at vB is also phenomenal, UBB's doesn't even compare.
              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

vB is so good, I didn't even bother to go check UBB !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X