Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want most active threads on my home page...NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want most active threads on my home page...NOW!

Hey, I'm kidding

The good folks at vBulletinHosting are about to host my website's BBS. The actual web will be on by a separate host's server.

They sent me to you with the following question: I would like to have several of the most active threads on my vBulletin appear on my home page. Is there a hack which will allow me to do this?

Thanks for your help.

You have a great product!

Bryan K. Pruitt

Yes there is @ vbulletin.org. If your website is at a different host, then you'll have to make sure vBulletinHosting will let the website's server access your vB's MySQL DB to preform the queries. Sometimes (usually?) it is limited to localhost by default and an outside connection is refused.
    - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

AWSOME!

Andy, thanks for your timely reply.

Not to be tedious, where exactly would I find this hack and what is it called?

Would I have to install it, or would I need to force myself upon the good folks at vBulletinHosting to install it on their server?

Thanks for helping a relative newbe avoid a fatal stroke!

Bryan

Comment

I'm not sure what the hack is called or what it involves in installation.
        Once you get your license info, login to the member's area and enter your username in both pages. Register @ vbulletin.org too with the same username & e-mail.

the pages where you enter your username are:
        http://vbulletin.com/members/forums.php
        and
        http://vbulletin.com/members/vbulletin.org.php

Then you can get support here & at vbulletin.org as well as download hacks @ vb.org. You'll have to ask vBulletinHosting if you can access your mySQL DB remotely.

I'm sorry I can not be of more help. Once you enter your username in the members area you can ask over at vbulletin.org and I'm sure they'll help out.
        - AJ Zmudosky

Comment

Working...
        X