X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Protection

Hello all

What a nice looking forum you have.

Maybe the Admins could answer an extremely important question for me please.

As you can clearly see from my profile information, I am from the UK. In the UK, we have The Data protection Act, 1998. I also refer to the Human Rights Act 1998.

This clearly states that all those holding any such personal information/data upon any individual, must be registered with the governing body.

As brief Ref: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/legal/data_protection.html

I have noticed that no one appears to have raised this point within your forum?

It would be interesting to know, that has vbulletin hold a database (as I have just added to it) are you licensed with The Data protection Act, 1998.

I do think this is a reasonable question to ask and does deserve an answer.

In conclusion:

Am I also to assume, that should I wish to operate a forum? I would also need such licence?

Many thanks in advance

you may want to read Martz's post at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=22788

i'll bring this to attention of the head vB guys to see if there's an official response too
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

The 1984 Data Protection Act which I am aware of in the UK is in regards to the holding of personal information, in this case you are the one adding to that database and you are are saying please hold me in the database.

I done a paper on it for my computing course i'll find the notes and post all the requirements of it.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I have read through the full instructions on the government site, and I believe that we are exempt in our use of customer data. If you wish to update your details, please email us at licenses@vbulletin.com .

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will be checking our situation again.

All the best,

John
        John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

Hey thanks very much for the constructive replies.

PPN thanks;

in this case you are the one adding to that database and you are are saying please hold me in the database.
          Ummmmmm! ?!?!?!?

I would appreciate any further information you may have to offer. I am also researching this matter, but would also like to start my own forum concerning internet piracy and most importantly privacy.

This is part of my legal studies and my personal feeling towards EFFECTIVE ENFORCEMENT OF SELF REGULATION.

And my! what interesting responses I have received to date both from board companies such as your good selves, MP, and us members of congress.

Well, thanks again for your time and please feel free to email me any further information you may have to offer on this subject.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X