Gallery Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery Forums

Does vbuleltin have the option of choosing different types of forums? Say I wanted a forum for posting art or anything I wanted a rating on. Is there a way I can do this.
    Here is an example of what I am talking about:

http://www.yaxay.com/yack/forumdisplay.php?forumid=23

Is this already installed or I do have to use a hack?

Thanks.

Re: Gallery Forums

Originally posted by Ben Johnson
    Does vbuleltin have the option of choosing different types of forums? Say I wanted a forum for posting art or anything I wanted a rating on. Is there a way I can do this.

Thanks.
    This is already possible in v2, and will, if memory serves, possibly be enhanced further in v3. That is to say, you get to make all kinds of forums, consisting of various threads. You rate the thread itself, not each individual attachment. You also have the possibility to use polls in each thread to faciltate some form of rating-by-votes. In short, I didn't see anything in your example that vBulletin can't do.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

well he has it programmed so that you can do anything else except attach images and get them rated, when you try to add a new thread. Just test it out and see what I am talking about. I was just wondering if it was already installed or if I will need to install a hack so that I could do something like that.

also notice the rating column. is that a hack or is that preinstalled in the vb forums?

Comment

well he has it programmed so that you can do anything else except attach images and get them rated, when you try to add a new thread. Just test it out and see what I am talking about. I was just wondering if it was already installed or if I will need to install a hack so that I could do something like that.

also notice the rating column. is that a hack or is that preinstalled in the vb forums?
        Notice the box at the bottom of this page? It says if you're able to post new threads, reply to existing ones, edit your own replies, etc. I don't see how his Comments is any different from your basic reply, but that's just me. You won't be able to set up vBulletin out-of-the box to behave so that when you make a new thread you only get to attach an image and not write some text, but that's doable if you moderate the forum, or change the newthread-code. The rating-system aswell as polls is already a part of vBulletin, no hacks required.

You might also have a look at the admin-demo at www.vbulletin.com if you haven't already.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

Re: Gallery Forums

Thanks.
          no need for a hack.. what you see at that forum is the thread rating function where members rate the thread

now you can put attachments or images in a thread - so rating the thread acts like rating whatever is in that thread.. in that case an attachment image
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Re: Re: Gallery Forums

Originally posted by eva2000
            no need for a hack.. what you see at that forum is the thread rating function where members rate the thread

now you can put attachments or images in a thread - so rating the thread acts like rating whatever is in that thread.. in that case an attachment image
            George, correct, for the rating there's no need for a hack, but the rest of the feature (that new threads consist of a single attached image, and nothing more) would require some tinkering. Then again, if I were to make such a forum, I'd simply list it as the requirement of that forum. Maybe that's what the example-board did, I never bothered to register in order to test the actual feature.
            Toddler from Hell

Comment

ok but when you click new thread it doesnt let you do a normal post, it requires that you attach an image, give it a name, and a description.
              would i have to go in there and just add the requirement code or what?

Comment

Probably, yes.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

ok,
                  thank you very much for your help

Comment

No problem, Ben.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X