heavily hacked UBB to vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavily hacked UBB to vbulletin?

Hi there all. I have always liked the UBB, but time to move on I think, so I want to transfer my current version (5.45c) to the vbulletin. I have heard, that you can do this - but i was wondering....my UBB is heavily "hacked" as it were - with these extra bits and bobs, can i still convert my UBB to the vbulletin? This is the current 5.45c board i have - http://tropicalfish.site5.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi Thanks for your time

Conversion should be fine. However, your hacks obviosly won't get converted.

Comment

I upgraded from UBB 5.45c to vB myself. I had no problems but my forums didn't have many hacks. I really don't think you'll have a problem transferring all your members, posts and forums over to vB.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes, I realised that all of the hacks wouldnt be exported, but generally most of them are in the vbulletin anyway

smachol - did you hack your members database at all?

I guess I would just have to find out and see....hmmmmm, a bit dodgy really!

Comment

I don't think I had any hacks in the member database. I believe that info was untouched which of course helped with the install. If you've added hacks that affect the members data, I think the import will still work as long as the original fields are in the same place that they are in an unhacked db. I think there were nine fields if I remember correctly.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmm, yes thats what does worry me, i have added fields to it...cant remember exactly, but i have the avatar hack on......

Comment

If I'm not mistaken any new fields would have to be tacked onto the end of the data files otherwise UBB wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure that the import script takes this into account. To be sure, send and email to support@vbulletin.com and explain what hacks you've installed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I converted from UBB 5.45c as well, and I had a crap load of hacks too. Avatar hack, Galaga Hack, Memberlist hack, Smilies hack, some format hacks, added fields, etc etc. And mine converted fine. You should have no problem upgrading at all.

In fact, that was one reason why I didn't upgrade to UBB v6. Since you had to run a bunch of cleanup tools to clean extra fields and such in order to sucessfully upgrade to v6.0. It was lame, so I decided to convert to vB, and the upgrade was easy as pie. Best $160 I ever spent. vB >>> UBB IMHO.
                www.guardimpact.com - the legend will never die!

Comment

Thanks I also upgraded in a demo setup in the UBB6 in my own PWS, was hassle, its why i made the question really.. Nice to know i could convert it with no trouble

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X