No announcement yet.

Buying Vbulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent the money, so hopefully all goes well now.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tex
      Sent the money, so hopefully all goes well now.

Thanks for putting up with me.
      Hey, if you send me money too, I'll put up with you some more!

Seriously though, glad to see things have worked out.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think for some reason the email piping you have going to your ticket system wasn't working as I sent a copy to sales also earlier and then got a automated reply from the ticket system which I didn't get before.
        So hopefully all goes ok now, as they received the money cause that also got logged in the ticket system.

Thanks

Comment

Got the board All setup now with all permission, now for the big part, customization to match my old board and site.

Thanks very much for putting up with me, it's been emotional

Comment

Great! And welcome to the vB community!
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I updated from phpBB2 and all went ok, but for some reason loads of threads ended up as sticky.

What a nightmare Im having, I going to get square eye's soon, as there is about 400 sticky posts to edit. Glad all of them didn't go sticky.

But anyway, it's a brilient board and I'm having loads of fun, and am glad that I am getting notified about new posts from clients now.

Thanks for this keep the good work up,

Comment

Tex, some insight please

Hey Tex,

Saw you converted from phpbb to vB. Can you give me some feedback on how well the convertor actually works?

You can e-mail me at [email protected] when you get a chance.
                CD
                http://www.ilovejeeps.com
                http://www.ilovejeeps.net

Comment

No problem.

First you have to go and get the script from www.vbulletin.org , download it and follow the instructions. It's very simple to install.

Then it tells you to go to your admin panel of the forum. Here you use the import link. It will guide you through the whole setup.

My advice when doing this is the last option you are given is to work it step by step.

The only things it won't import are attachments as this is non standard to phpbb. Apart from that everything else worked out ok.

You have to do a bit of reindexing of the numbers to get all the posts to show up.

You also want to upgrade from the latest phpBB2 RC4 or later, so if you have an earlier vertion, I suggest upgrading to the latest version before you attemp anything.

If you have any problems with this just let me know.

Thanks Hope I have helped.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X