questions about licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about licenses

I own vBulletin, and I know that I can only install it once without purchasing another license (which I have), but what if I were to install it a second time only for the purpose of trying out hacks, so that I wouldn't have to worry about backing up my files and trying it on my actual board? Like right now, I am trying to add a profile option (different from what I can do in my admin control panel, because it involves more than just text boxes) and edited member.php and some other files, and when trying them out on my board I ended up with a sh*tload of problems that my members ran into (although I backed up the files beforehand, so I just replaced the new ones with the old ones). No one would be actually using the board, it'd just be me screwing with the files for the sake of not actually screwing up the board that is actually used.

If not, oh well, I'll just have to do it the other way since I'm not purchasing another license just to do this

Thanks.

you are allowed to install a private copy for testing purposes... it must be private and only accessible by you
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X