Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renew or not renew that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew or not renew that is the question.

Ok my license is about to expire in a couple of days (its an owned license). Now when you renew does it renew from the day the original license expired, or the day you actual renew your license. IE is it better to wait until another release comes out and I need to download the next version? then I get a year renewed license from then (maybe saving me a month or so). If you get me...
    There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions.

[email protected]/2003: 18,800+ users; 1,450,000+ posts; 55,000+ threads

It starts the day you renew.

Comment

ok thanks... i'll wait then
      There are no perfect people, only perfect intentions.

[email protected]/2003: 18,800+ users; 1,450,000+ posts; 55,000+ threads

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
        It starts the day you renew.
        Are you sure? I renewed one on my licenses a couple of weeks early and the new expiration date was set one year after the old one instead of one year from the date I renewed.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
          Are you sure? I renewed one on my licenses a couple of weeks early and the new expiration date was set one year after the old one instead of one year from the date I renewed.
          If you renew a license that has yet to expire, then yes, it will go from the date that it is going to expire on.

If your license is from Jan 1 2002 to Jan 1 2003 and you renew on July 1 2002 than your license will now expire on Jan 1 2004.

If you license is from Jan 1 2002 to Jan 1 2003 and you renew on July 1 2004 than your license will now expire on Jul 1 2005

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought. I'm surprised, however, that such a big gap between the license expiring and the renewal is permitted. Jelsoft is certainly a lot more generous is this regard than most other software companies!
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
              Thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought. I'm surprised, however, that such a big gap between the license expiring and the renewal is permitted. Jelsoft is certainly a lot more generous is this regard than most other software companies!
              I'm not complaining

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X