Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leased license upgraded to owned license ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leased license upgraded to owned license ??

I've got something that I heard about that I would like to confirm with the vB Team :

if the Leased License is purchased, and then we decide to upgrade it to an Owned License, then is it true that we only have to pay $85 MORE ?? or only the difference ??

I went from a leased to an owners, and the cost was US$85.00

Comment

Within 30 days of your purchase, it is $85, full price after that.

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
        Within 30 days of your purchase, it is $85, full price after that.
        what exactly does that mean ? does that mean that I would have to pay, first, my $85 for a leased license, and then upgrade to an owned license for another $85, and then .. what does "full price after that" mean ??

Comment

Originally posted by Blak n Wite

what exactly does that mean ? does that mean that I would have to pay, first, my $85 for a leased license, and then upgrade to an owned license for another $85, and then .. what does "full price after that" mean ??
          If you upgrade to the owned license within 30 days of purchasing the leased one, then you only pay $85.00 more - for a grand total of $160.00 which is what the full lincense costs. If you wait longer than 30 days, you'll pay $160.00 in addition to the $85.00 for the leased license. In otherwords there is no discount for a full license after the 30 day period.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
            If you upgrade to the owned license within 30 days of purchasing the leased one, then you only pay $85.00 more - for a grand total of $160.00 which is what the full lincense costs. If you wait longer than 30 days, you'll pay $160.00 in addition to the $85.00 for the leased license. In otherwords there is no discount for a full license after the 30 day period.
            i think that $85 + $85 does not equal to $160

Comment

You're absolutely right - my bad! The total is obviously $170.00 - not $160.00.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                You're absolutely right - my bad! The total is obviously $170.00 - not $160.00.
                thx for the clear up

Comment

Personally I think it's best just to bite the bullet and pay for the owned license. I know everyone’s finances are different but leasing isn’t the way to go.

I considered the lease option, but decide to just not eat for a few weeks and go for the full license. Now I can get back into my 38 inch waist jeans lol. Better than the slim fast plan lol

And I owe it all to vB

Cheers
                  PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Originally posted by jmd
                    Personally I think it's best just to bite the bullet and pay for the owned license. I know everyone’s finances are different but leasing isn’t the way to go.

I considered the lease option, but decide to just not eat for a few weeks and go for the full license. Now I can get back into my 38 inch waist jeans lol. Better than the slim fast plan lol

And I owe it all to vB

Cheers
                    lol. thx for sharing this with us

i might consider to just purchase the owned license, then ... since i can use it on any domain, as long as it's not used twice [or more] at the same time, rite ?

Comment

i might consider to just purchase the owned license, then ... since i can use it on any domain, as long as it's not used twice [or more] at the same time, rite ?
                      Correct.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

lol. thx for sharing this with us

LOL Your welcome lol

It's your best bet really. Once you have the board you will never give it up lol, so it would end up costing a hell of alllot more to keep leasing it.

Congrats

And Good luck
                        PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Originally posted by jmd

LOL Your welcome lol

It's your best bet really. Once you have the board you will never give it up lol, so it would end up costing a hell of alllot more to keep leasing it.

Congrats

And Good luck
                          yep, i figure i'm gonna purchase the owned license

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X