Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a BB for the whole family ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a BB for the whole family ???

    i'm wondering if anyone has ever used vB for a board for their family ???? i'm thinking of doing that myself, because i've got over a hundred ppl in my family scattered around the world, and thought this would be nice

    so, has anyone ever tried this ??? or anyone got any suggestions ?? hope to get some answers

  • #2
    *bump*

    i guess no one's ever tried this, or dont have any suggestions ?? c'mon, guyz !! speak up !!

    Comment


    • #3
      You can use vB for whatever purpose you want

      If you are willing to shell out the $85/$160 for the license then shoot for it

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cary
        You can use vB for whatever purpose you want

        If you are willing to shell out the $85/$160 for the license then shoot for it
        i am 100% sure that i am going to do it, but just would like to have some ideas, past experiences with this, etc etc

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: a BB for the whole family ???

          Originally posted by Blak n Wite
          i'm wondering if anyone has ever used vB for a board for their family ???? i'm thinking of doing that myself, because i've got over a hundred ppl in my family scattered around the world, and thought this would be nice

          so, has anyone ever tried this ??? or anyone got any suggestions ?? hope to get some answers
          nice idea... you can do whatever you want with your owned or leased vB license..

          of course this would require that all your family members have net access
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re: a BB for the whole family ???

            Originally posted by eva2000
            nice idea... you can do whatever you want with your owned or leased vB license..

            of course this would require that all your family members have net access
            yep, i figure that most of my family members have net axs, since most of em have a successful life, and can afford at least a 56K modem

            but probably the main probelm that i'm encountering is that i'm not sure if my board will last, since i havent asked my relatives if they also would like the idea.. altho im sure they will... but still, if the whole idea duznt work out, and i've paid for a leased license / owned license, then i guess i'll be stuck with it, wont I ??

            Comment


            • #7
              Yep, I don't think refunds are given. If it isn't successful you could always donate me your license. j/k

              Comment


              • #8
                I set up two boards for some teachers, and each of them wanted a family forum. They vastly underuse the board though (one was just blown away by the calendar and never posts in her forum ).
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by filburt1
                  I set up two boards for some teachers, and each of them wanted a family forum. They vastly underuse the board though (one was just blown away by the calendar and never posts in her forum ).
                  so i wonder... how did it all work out ???

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X