X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing vblite

I get the following error

Attempting to connect...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'freewareforum'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

Click to go to the vBulletin website

"wheeler" is the right username. should I be using my site's i.p. instead of "localhost"? What else am I doing wrong?

thanks!

Maybe you should try posting in the vB Lite forum?

Your database information isn't correct. Check with your host for the right details

Comment

hmm.. before this is taken over to the vB Lite forum, when it said access denied for [email protected] did it also say usin password: Yes? If so then you have probably forgotten to enter in you database password or you have put in the incorrect password. Note that if you were given a database server url (eg serverxxx.host.com) then you should put that as the database host name instead of local host. Hope this helps

Comment

sorry didn't see the vblite forum. I tried substituting "localhost" with the i.p. of mysql and got a different error. I posted that one in the right forum.

thanks

Comment

No, I think localhost is correct.

You need to verify with your host that your username, password, and database name are correct. Also, check that permissions are set right for the database to work with your username.

Comment

I don't just use "freewareforum" as the database name?

Comment

no... you'll need the DB Name assigned by your host.

Who is your host? - if I may ask

Comment

www.tera-byte.com

Comment

ok.. does your host use cpanel?

i.e. www.yourwebsite.com/cpanel/

Comment

no mine uses ensim

https://my.ip.here:12345/webhost/ser...ting/siteadmin

when I go into mysql admin I get this at the top of the page

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.2.0

MySQL 3.23.36 running on localhost

Comment

As Cary has correctly point out, one or more of the following variables is wrong in your config.php file:

$dbusername
                      $dbpassword
                      $dbname

If you are unsure what these are then you may be able to get them from phpMyAdmin. If not, you need to contact your host for this information.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I know I have the username and password correct. Where do I go in phpadmin to get the dbname? I'm new to all this so I appreciate everything being spelled out.

Comment

Go to phpMyAdmin and look on the left side for the database(s) name(s)

Comment

I figured it out guys, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X