Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a discounted license upgrade option for those who have expired licenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a discounted license upgrade option for those who have expired licenses?

Hi.
    I searched the forum but couldn't find a clear answer for me, so please help if you can.

I am currently running an old forum (3.8.7) and planning to upgrade to the latest version possible. Should I purchase a new license for version 5, or there is a discounted license upgrade option for those who have expired licenses.
    Besides, I noticed that my old account in the members area does not exist anymore, so I created a new account using the same email used for the old license, it was successful but couldn't find my former history orders, is that normal?

Best regards

Yes... People with vBulletin 3 or 4 licenses can upgrade them for $209 instead of the full price of $249. This is shown on our main site and the purchase page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Yes... People with vBulletin 3 or 4 licenses can upgrade them for $209 instead of the full price of $249. This is shown on our main site and the purchase page.
      I tried this purchase page, but unfortunately, the upgrade option doesn't show for me unless I sign out of my account! What should i do?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	vbul_error.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	4453595

Comment

Contact [email protected].

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did twice few days ago, no solution so far, and don't know what to do.

Comment

You have two customer accounts for some reason. The account which starts with M has no licenses attached. When logged in with this account, you cannot upgrade a non-existing license. You need to log into the account that starts with a 3 in order to upgrade those licenses. Customer accounts cannot be merged.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 8 Feb '21, 1:16pm.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You have two customer accounts for some reason. The account which starts with M has no licenses attached. When logged in with this account, you cannot upgrade a non-existing license. You need to log into the account that starts with a 3 in order to upgrade those licenses. Customer accounts cannot be merged.
              I really appreciate your assistance, Wayn Luke. I logged in using the account that starts with a 3 and found all my orders history. 2 more questions if you don't mind 😅,
              - Currently i am running 3.8.7, can i upgrade to the latest version [5.6.4] without the need for upgrading to 3.8.11 or v4 first, and what tweaks should i do before i start the upgrade process if there is any?
              - Speaking about 3.8.11, does it support the latest versions of PHP and mysql.

Comment

You can upgrade directly to 5.6.4 from 3.8.7. I don't recommend it though. I recommend upgrading to 3.8.11 and then making a database backup. After this, upgrade to 4.2.5 and make a database backup. Finally upgrade to 5.6.4. Having intermediate backups will give you rollback points as hundreds of database changes are made.

vBulletin 3.8.11 and vBulletin 4.2.5 support PHP up to 7.1.33. They do not work with PHP 7.2 and higher. They should work with any version of MySQL as long as you've upgraded an existing server and use mysql_native_password, not the newer SHA password scheme. On a new server, I do not recommend using MySQL 8 with vBulletin 3 and 4.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X